*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/375862-Lame
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#375862 added September 28, 2005 at 5:20am
Restrictions: None
Lame
Well, I have now completed my ownage of Ultimate Spider-Man for the X-Box. It was over too quick. Way too quick. It felt like the game should have just started and *bamf* it's finished.

I dunno. Great graphics. Love the story, just not enough of it. The controls didn't feel as precise as the Spider-Man 2 game too, and I really didn't like how they changed the web swinging around in this game. They tried to make it a bit simpler I think, and honestly, it took half the fun away. The things I could accomplish in the Spider-Man 2 game were by far more amazing than what was capable here.

I also felt at a loss to see that they removed the buyable abilities. In this game you get the abilities after certain parts of the story mode. It's kind of lame.

I guess I could chalk it all up to the fact that I pretty much did what was required of me and then went on to the next story mission. However, it just seemed like I was getting into the game when I beat it. Granted, I have put like 10 hours into the game, but that really is no time in today's world of video games. 10 Hours is a rental, and not what I expect out of my favorite comic character.

The voice over work was very well done, although the actual dubbing in some places was splotchy. Especially a scene between Trask and a scientist in which it looks like a bad 60's Godzilla movie.

Oh well, maybe the sequel will be better. Mmm...

© Copyright 2005 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/375862-Lame