*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376320-Its-not-all-Mom-and-Dad
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#376320 added September 30, 2005 at 12:44am
Restrictions: None
It's not all Mom and Dad
This is going to nbe a VERY blanket VERY vague statement to make, but I just thought of it on the way to work, and it seems to be essentially true. (I don't yet know what it means really, but it's there anyway). When I was a child, and my parents were together (although the glue holding them in place was always strained), I believe I looked to my Dad for the cash and my Mom for the company. There was a desert period after they divorced, when I was in college and planning to get married and my parents lived distant places from my wanderings. I still loved both of them, of course, but was finding ways to be comfortable with their lives being separate from mine. Now, I think it is strange that we're all in closer proximity now, but the needs I look to each for has reversed (for the most part) Mom is the one to approach for a loan, Dad is the most consistant company. I don't know if either one would laugh or cry over this observation. I do not mean any of it in a greedy, ungrateful, spiteful way at all. I'm not judging capability to fill those functions, either. Both are capable in those areas, certainly it's just my perception. As it was in the beginning, and as it is now, it was never a contest - just perception.

© Copyright 2005 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376320-Its-not-all-Mom-and-Dad