*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376732-Star-Wars-On-My-Mind
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#376732 added October 2, 2005 at 12:48am
Restrictions: None
Star Wars On My Mind
I can remember how over-the-top in love I once was over Star Wars. I watched the original tonight with my nearly-teenaged son. He noted how he had only sat and watched passively before. Tonight he was paying attention to dialog and plot points that (tenuously) tie to the Star Wars episodes that his generation is most familiar. Both my son and daughter had re-watched Episode One this afternoon, so questions throughout the Main Title of the original were a little more than annoying. However, I was watching the ol' favorite with new eyes and ears too. After awhile, I could only MST3K the original Star Wars acting and dialog, and question "the genius" of George Lucas. I couldn't shake the feeling of how dated the editing and effects seem 30 years after their conception. It's got to be the television, not me. I need a big screen TV! And I'm not saying Lucas was right to redo effects, either. This is a movie I used to have fully memorized - and thought it was cool that the droids were the connecting thread for the telling of the story.

Duh, now I'm just rambling, and I've forgotten what point I was going to make.

© Copyright 2005 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376732-Star-Wars-On-My-Mind