*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376666-Ice-Cream-in-the-Sky
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#376666 added October 1, 2005 at 4:55pm
Restrictions: None
Ice Cream in the Sky
When things are going too well, do you ask yourself "What is this ice cream in the sky?" A pleasant chicken little variation.

My mother and I looked at the small 3 bedroom one bath house she'ss considering renting, and moving out of her herous with 1900 square feet. There some point at which the house seems empty. She talks as if she wants to start with a new set of memories, or leave behind some of the old.

Though I'm not sure, her reasoning seems to be sound. The place has do wishwasher, which isn't a problem for her. If the man can't move his junk so that she can get the car in the garage, I think he's got a deal. Where I end up living is dependent on this man too,

At 83 Mom doesn't want to go to a retirement community. If she broke a bone, she let me know she only wanted to stay away from home as long as necessary, then move back iondependently to her house. If I live one door down across the alley, as the bit plan goes, we'd be close enough to thlep each other. I get migraines. I don't have the feeling in my bones that this will come to pass. One of us moving has almost happened too many times before. I'll believe it when I see her packing boxes. To her credit,m she's already made of list of which pieces of furniture she wants to take, and which to leave behind for sale or for me to use. I have rooms full of furniture noow, but it wouldn't look like so much at her house. I already decided to use her office shelves and credenza and desk in the master bedroom, and use my temperduric single size as a daybed in there. There's a great window, two actually, to stare out and write. She'd have a big picture window too, across the alley, and one house down. Our dogs would have the necessary separate yards. Two women will have two separate kitchens. I might cook more if I had a bigger kitchen. And I'd love to have enough shelves to put all my books and writings on.

It's in Go's hands, via the rental man by the name of Vic. He's got an Italian last name. If I were mean and mentioned the mafia, she'd back out for sure. That's another story for another day.

This may come to pass. If it does, and she decides the rental house is too small, and I'm living in her old house, what happens then??? So many options in the world today.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/376666-Ice-Cream-in-the-Sky