*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377187-Blogs-Revisited
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#377187 added October 4, 2005 at 9:25am
Restrictions: None
Blogs Revisited
With only a short time to spare before going to meet mother I thought I'd just read the blogs from the list but having done that quicker than anticipated I thought I'd check them out again from my list of favourites on the left. Reading the new entries is great but sometimes, going back to yesterday's entries to read any added comments is even better.

Now I'll tell you something about myself. Maybe you'll say 'I knew that already,' or 'That surprises me,' or even something totally different. I try to see the funny side of life, I think I have quite a good sense of humour, I know I can make people laugh and I hope sometimes my written words are amusing. BUT, despite all that I don't laugh easily. I smile a lot, I find things comical but that rollicking laughter just doesn't come that easily to me. I can sit through a whole comedy film or T.V. programme and not laugh out loud once, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying it. I'm just not a giggler by nature, but I'm certainly not a serious character.

Sometimes, usually when my sister comes over, I'll get her laughing and when she starts, that starts me off and then she laughs more and it just snowballs from there and we can end up having an uncontrollable hour or two of laughter. But it's not an everyday event.

But I have to admit that almost every day lately as I read the blog comments, I find myself chuckling and guffawing at some of the things you write. I've just had a real laugh at CC's mopping up the leakage of yesterday and Dan's mildew on the keyboard, along with several other things. Maybe it's the power humorous words have to create visuals in our imaginations instead of actually viewing something comedic that makes the difference. Or maybe it's just a feeling of being on the same wavelength here. I don't know and it doesn't really matter but despite a lot of worries in my real life lately, I find myself literally RAFL a lot more than I used to. Laughter does make us feel better and is a great medicine in times of trouble and for that I thank you people. No, I'm not starting snivelling again; CC has enough to do without becoming chief mopper upper in here too.

Like Nada, I talk about you people to family and friends (only nice things may I add) and I'm sure many feel they know you too. My sister certainly does and I know this weekend when she comes here, she'll be busting more guts at some of your entries and comments. But for now I must away to meet mother - now THAT isn't funny. lol Have a good day my friends and I look forward to reading more of your thoughts and witticisms after mother, writing class and a visit from friends. And I bet even though it will be late and I'll be tired I'll be having a few more good old belly laughs. *Laugh*

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377187-Blogs-Revisited