*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377071-Late-Thoughts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#377071 added October 3, 2005 at 7:00pm
Restrictions: None
Late Thoughts
Yesterday I was thrown into my blog before I was really awake; today I find myself making an entry almost as the day here ends. In the early blogging days I often woke with an idea of what to write or thought about it during the day to enter later.

But nowadays I take it as it comes. There's no pressure or competition going on. If I have something to say I'll say it and if I haven't I'll probably still blabber about something. But somehow I detect a subtle change going on.

I've had a busy and frustrating day. I didn't get up as early as usual and with a trip to the supermarket looming had little time to read my favourite bloggers. Shopping takes ages and we always have lunch out afterwards so by the time we get home I'm itching to get back to WDC. Just as I signed in this afternoon my Mexican friend came online and wanted to play Scrabble. I love his company, his wit, his intelligence and the battles we have but part of me felt frustrated at being deprived of my WDC time. But often spontaneous things are most enjoyable.

Tonight I've caught up. I've laughed, I've cried, I've empathised and sympathised. And now I'm feeling decidedly mellow and almost content. ME CONTENT? Not something that happens often. But seeing the photos of CC's little wimmins and hearing the pride in his voice, laughing at the frustrations in Dans and Nadas lives, reading Forever's thought provoking and sad entry and sharing the worries of Mountainflower's day has totally absorbed and relaxed my mind. Not to mention all the other blogs I love reading. Then Tor put the icing on the cake by expressing his appreciation of online friends and I'm sitting here thinking how fortunate I am to have found all these special people through the simple act of taking up that blog offer.

Well, thank you WDC. I don't think you'll ever know how much joy and fun you have brought into the lives of your members. I'll never keep up with it all and other things may get neglected along the way but when I sit here and read how all my friends are going on I feel like I've come home. And on that note my fellow bloggers I will say goodnight, sweet dreams and God bless you all. GAWD...where's the tissues?

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377071-Late-Thoughts