*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377461-Waiting-for-my-Student
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#377461 added October 5, 2005 at 2:45pm
Restrictions: None
Waiting for my Student
I've been tutoring a student of cinematography since the beginning of September. His medterm exam is this week, and I feel lots of compassion for him. The required readings are unbelievable, well, maybe not for university study. One of the books is somewhat readable, but the other is lengthy, and reads like a technical manual. I kept his book, and one of the lost chapters. It took me about 9 hours to read the chapter (not at one sitting, of course). I know he's read a portion of the assignments, because he's read them aloud to me, and we've discussed. I expect an intense session on soud today. It;s great if you're into it, but I don't see myself befing a director. I guess it's good if I ever decided to write a screenplay. But I worry about his grade. The test is all writing, with no multiple choice. He's got to write, and he has a learning and reading comprehension problem. I do what I can to help, and I'm learning a lot on my own time.

I haven't snagged an "academia-research' job yet, but I'm getting half a dozen notices a day. I've been responding by replying to the e-mails, and I found out I need to attack it from the site's control panel. I really wanted the 20 pager on the history and culture of Kuwait. That one got away from me, but I'm ready to pounce on the next one that gets my interest. Now, one essay needs a PhD in the UK, another has to do with automobiles in Japan. If one writes best what they kknow, I need to stay away from some topics. It's only been a week. I'll keep trying.

I applied at four other places, and only one has has any contact with me. One whated to chaarge me $79.00 for a year of free lance postings. That's not what I want. I want to get money for writing.

Wish me luck, and wish me to call Dell and get my dadgum printer working. It has a paper jam that it's and I need to call technical support. The machine is only a couple of months old. I'd rather send it back for one that works, but Dell doesn't do that.

It's all gonna come to pass just fine. We have 90 degree weather in Dallas today, with a 40 degree wind chill predicted for tomorrow. Somethjing to look forward to. Find the long jeans and a couple of layers of sweater, and maybe a hat!!! I love hats. I have a hat head. It's the real first day of fall in Texas, when it finally starts to cool off. It's been an awful hot summer. We had 14 days of temperatures over 100. That's too hot. But we cool off some in the winter--seldom get snow, though one never knows.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377461-Waiting-for-my-Student