*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377477-Nothing-about-this-hurt-is-good
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#377477 added October 5, 2005 at 4:35pm
Restrictions: None
Nothing about this hurt is good
Level Seven. At least it’s only in my right arm. My entire right arm. (well, okay, slight knot in my left elbow) Groping for relief in the form of distractions…any suggestions? Chatted with my sis, emailed my fav buddy – we’ve been exchanging pics of places we want to go and foods we’d like to eat, and movie stars we want to kiss.

I have my tennis lesson in a few hours and gosh, I’m just not sure. I know I’ll try. Nothing like tennis to totally distract you. One hundred percent absorbed in tracking the ball, preparing your body for the point of contact, and then, executing your stroke. Every bit of your concentration occupied. Zero room left to think about pain or problems.

In the meantime, no one’s here at the office, maybe I’ll lock the door, turn up my CD player real loud and dance.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377477-Nothing-about-this-hurt-is-good