*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377506-Rockefeller-Center-NBC-Building-Time-Square-BABW
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #554904
Just Jul Lee is just me. I write my thoughts and observations.
#377506 added October 5, 2005 at 6:47pm
Restrictions: None
Rockefeller Center, NBC Building, Time Square, B.A.B.W.
Rockefeller Center, NBC Building, Time Square, B.A.B.W.
DATE: July 30, 2005


Last night, PJ and I went to Greenwich Village to go to a club that he had read about. Unfortunately for me, I was under dress code (I was wearing tennis shoes) and so we couldn’t go there. We then ended up searching for a club to attend and ended up at an Eighties club. That’s all I will say on the subject.

I only just remembered when we went because on the Taxi ride back to the hotel we spotted a lot of flags and we wondered what the place was. We asked the driver but he didn’t respond. We discovered, much to our embarrassment and chagrin, that it was Rockefeller Center.

Saturday morning found us at Rockefeller Center. We ate brunch there, my mom and I, sitting near the famous statue. PJ had already ate a surgery breakfast so he just drank a lemonade. I fed the pigeons some bread and then we were off to the NBC building.

We got pictures of Radio City Music Hall and the Lions in front of the NY Public Library (definitely one of my favorite pictures!) and PJ and I did a taping with Jay Leno, although we didn’t get a copy of it.

We were trying to decide what to do so my mom and I said we’d go back to Chinatown to buy a few things we still wanted to get. PJ claimed exhaustion and retired to the room for a nap.

No Taxi’s would take us to Chinatown and I was being stubborn and whatnot and wouldn’t go on the subway. Needless to say, we didn’t go to Chinatown. We walked up to the Build A Bear Workshop on 45th again and I bought a poodle and my mom bought my brother a bear for the Marlin uniform.

We returned to Time Square, where my mom and I got our pictures drawn (awesome talent!) and I had “Ernie” written with the name art for my soon to be born nephew, Joseph Ernest.

We returned to the hotel and PJ asked us if we made it to Chinatown. When we told him that we didn’t want to take the subway and that no Taxi’s would take us down there, he looked at us with the impatience of a tired parent and asked what we were going to do then.

What did we do? Stayed in the hotel, watched TV and went to sleep. PJ left and came back very late. He told me the next day that he had gone to the club we couldn’t get into (thanks to my tennis shoes) and that it was very cool. Needless to say I was annoyed but there was nothing I could do or say about it so, c’est la vie.

© Copyright 2005 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377506-Rockefeller-Center-NBC-Building-Time-Square-BABW