*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377608-Halloween
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#377608 added October 6, 2005 at 11:01am
Restrictions: None
Halloween
When I was growing up, in Blackwell, Oklahoma, we went trick or treating on Halloween. Now this was a time when you did not have to worry about people putting uneditable object in the treats. While we did not personly know many of the people whose houses we went to, we did not have to worry about the treats. Some people gave homemade cookies, candied apples and things like that, while others gave store bought treats.

One of the people who gave home made treats was my Grandmother. Every year at Halloween she would bake all day. She made peanut butter cookies and oatmeal cookies. Then she would wrap the cookies in cling wrap (that is what we call it today, can not at this moment remember what Grandma refered to it as). When it can time for the neighborhood kids to trick or treat, my Grandmother (who all the kids in her neighborhood called Grandma Newland) would give the treats out to the kids and try to guess which children they were.

© Copyright 2005 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377608-Halloween