*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377696-Thank-you
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#377696 added January 28, 2013 at 11:48am
Restrictions: None
Thank you
I don't hold with making more than one entry a day; hell it's difficult enough to get round everyone's daily entry. But I'll make an exception because I want to thank you people for your kind thoughts and prayers and also for being the great folk you are.

After two hours of waiting we phoned the hospital but they said they were still waiting to admit my dad officially. Our National Health system may be the envy of those who have to pay for medical care but it's buckling under a heavy load and underfunding means waiting and waiting. We've been over to see him and he was still in a cubicle awaiting a bed on a ward. It seems he has an irreglar heartbeat which is causing the problem but hopefully they can supply medication to help but at 85 it's a big worry. I've cried and cried; my dad is such a sweety who deserved a better life than the one he's had but there is little I can do about that.

So, we've made sure mum is locked up safely and will phone the hospital in the morning to see what's happening. At least my sister is coming for the weekend, God willing.

But you know, the little bit of light relief I've had today has all come from WDC. I can't ever thank you enough for your support and friendship, not to mention that magic laughter. Special thanks to...


1. windac for TWO special mentions in her Spiritual Newsletter...sniffle.

2. srchoward for awarding my story second place in her competition...sniffle.

3. ccstring for asking my advice for his latest chapter and producing something so brilliant he had me chuckling against all odds. This man is brilliant; please read the Duck Wars if you have the time...sniffle.

4. Your sympathetic, supportive and heartwarming comments. I know we're miles apart and don't know each other but sharing the delicate human condition
with people who care means so much...sniffle.

5. To Mel aka Mrs Tor for all her hard work setting up the MSN chatroom. Oh, there'll be blips and time problems but I so look forward to chatting to you people...sniffle.

And thank you God for sparing my dad this time I hope. He's had a long life but hell, I want to keep him for a bit longer...PASS THE TISSUES...CC GET THE MOP AND BUCKET.



© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/377696-Thank-you