*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378800-Ghetto-Gandhi-under-Revision-for-Publishing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#378800 added October 12, 2005 at 1:59am
Restrictions: None
Ghetto Gandhi under Revision for Publishing
When I'm not occupying myself writing, I'm debating with myself on writing situations. I decided to go with the novel "Ghetto Gandhi" as my first published work. I'm giving myself three months, and if I stick to a reasonable daily work cycle, I could get the manuscript finished before then.

I read in the "Writer" magazine I just received that the average age one first publishes is 50.5. I'll be 51 in December--5th if anybody cares. Not so many candles on the real cake. That was about when I got serious about actually publishing. I was going to self-publish my poems and essays, and had been organizing my thoughts about that. In thinking though options, impressions, and long term goals, I decided to NOT put the soul of my life out for the critics first.

If I go with the novel I might get a traditional publisher. If not, there's a company in India that would publish me, and maybe get me more international sales. I need to have lots more about Gandhi in the book for it to work there.

I have 21 chapters, with about three more needed to wrap up the story, and editing, editing, editing. Now I'm working on the "prequel" and the first chapter. Make things clear. Add more details. Cut the padding.

Having never written a novel before, I find it interesting that I have chapters of short, medium, and very long. The very long need to be divided.

So anyhow, I rearranged my poetry portfolio section, and I'm thinking I'll spend most of my time on Gandhi.

Every day I check for assignments at academia-research.com, but I haven't secrued a writing assignment yet. Got myself pretty down about them not giving me something to write, as they have my total attention at this point. Then I decided, like a boyfriend, pay less attention and if it's suppose to happen it will. I'm single, of course.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/378800-Ghetto-Gandhi-under-Revision-for-Publishing