*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380950-Straight-Talking
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#380950 added October 21, 2005 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
Straight Talking
Our computer connection seems to be misbehaving lately and as yet, we have no explanation. Like me, it has bursts of energy and then just fizzles to a weary weakness and won't even allow me access to WDC. *Cry* I'm doing my best but if I go AWOL you'll know the reason. (and probably sigh with relief into the bargain.) Computer gurus can't pinpoint the problem as yet, but hubby finds if he takes all the plugs out the main tower and puts them back it usually results in a boost of connectivity. I wish my plugs could be given the same sort of boost.

The hospital rang this morning to say there is a bed for my dad at the local hospital at last. All they are waiting for now is transportation. I've been out in the most disgusting wet weather to shop and call in the hospital, but as yet he hasn't arrived. So, we're waiting again. I called in to make sure my mum is okay before wandering home in the rain again. And simply put, that has been my day, the highlight probably being the bog cleaning session this morning.

I read on here so much about families and people's relatives, of relationships and feelings and I find myself pulled into them all. The happy memories some people have of early days and relatives no longer with them and the regrets and tortures of those not so fortunate. None of us can choose our families and sadly, being related doesn't always mean you automatically worship someone.

Please forgive me for saying this and respect my rights to be honest. My mother has to be one of the most selfish people on the planet. I'm not going into any details, it's far too long a tale to tell and you can think what you like. YES, I know I'm lucky to still have a mother, YES, I'll miss her like hell when she's gone and YES, I know there are a lot worse off. I DO love my mother but that doesn't mean I have to love the sort of person she is. I pray the expression 'like mother, like daughter,' holds no truth. I apologise if this offends anyone but my anger is bubbling at the situation.

I received a Merit Badge for being 'Funny,' this morning. Sort of ironic when my sense of humour seems to be as precarious as the computer connection. I think I'd better go plug it in and recharge it.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/380950-Straight-Talking