*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381290-The-Grind
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#381290 added October 23, 2005 at 4:31am
Restrictions: None
The Grind
Sometimes writing comes so easily, and other times it's like pulling teeth. I'm going through the pulling teeth phase.

I've been involved in lots of things keeping my mind busy. My tutoring student freaked, and was ready to drop his course. I patiently worked with him, and forced him into dealing with the paper that's bothering him. This included calling him on trying to write being full of hot air, but no facts. It was intense for both of us, but he's not dropping the course, yet, still again. He has a rough draft to go over with his professor.

I got a steriod shot in my spine earlier in the weak. It knocked me flat for a couple of days, but I'm feeling better now, and hope to be up to dealing with housework in the next couple of days. Housework seems to snowball on me. I had a hold up when I reorganized (?) my house in order to paint my bathroom. All the stuff went on the bed, which means I've been sleeping on the single in the guest room for awhile. I'm tired of visiting myself. I want a clean house again.

My efforts at writing papers for profit isn't panning out well. I got one assignment, but had to give it back because I couldn't locate the resources necessary. So, NOW, I'm looking into writing magazine articles to get paid for. The book is on hold. I don't know if I want to go with a novel or collection of poetry, or how to publish--with all the options now. I don't know which direction I need to go with my writing, and the words aren't coming anyhow.

Add a confused boyfriend situation, and a mother who wants me to uproot from a home of seven years that I love, and move to her neighborhood, except we can't find a house that satisfies us both. She just keeps on, and I know it's important to her, and me too--but sometimes there's nothing you can do. Exasperating!

So next week I'm planning to have things work out more productively. Early in the week I'll call Dell support to get the printer/fax to make copies. It doesn't want to take the paper. It's probably something easily fixed, but I'm intimidated calling technical support. I'm falling into seasonal depression, and it's hard to keep my proverbial head above water. The grass needs rain, but the stormy atmosphere would only make me feel worse.

But Dallas has cold weater coming (fir us), and I'm looking forward to a change of wardrobe. If you can't make it, fake it.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/381290-The-Grind