*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/382353-New-Printer
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#382353 added October 28, 2005 at 2:52pm
Restrictions: None
New Printer
I am so intimidated by calling for technical help, and I think it goes back to my first experiences with American Online, my first Internet provider back in 2000. Some techs can make me feel so stupid, and it's not there place to do that. The help I've gotten from Dell has been different, nice, and understanding. I had a long nice chat with a lady in the Phillippines, and she was so nice and helpful, and did her best to make me not feel dumb. She actually said, "I couldn't write an essay if I had to. People just have different expertise, and it's up to us to help each other."

I waited eight weeks to call for help out of fear of dealing with a tech. Boy do I feel silly. All she had to do was verify that the hardware had a problem, and Dell shipped me a new printer the next day. My computer is a Dell 8200, and it's not having troubles, but I intend to stick with Dell because they are so helpful. HP gave me problems. I returned a printer I should have gotten $250.00 credit for, and they lost the information before they sent me anything. So HP is off my list, and in the dog house as far as I'm concerned.

A couple of hours (giving me plenty of time) and I'll have the printer hooked up and ready to print. The next thing is to start printing my poems for the book I want to publish. I don't think I'll make my deadline before the year is out, but I think I'm back on track. Thanks to Dell, and to those who do a good job provididng technical support. It's the young techs who get their jollies by making people like me feel dumb. At least that that isn't so prevalant anymore, in my limited experience.

My essay writing on the Internet is coming to no fruitition. I took one job and had to give it back because I couldn't locate the sources. I'm really surprised that the writing they need is often on the PhD level, and on subjects I know nothing about. So I have another idea for income.

I found links to printing/posting articles free on the Internet which would give me more exposure, but not any extra bucks, and I need the extra bucks. The next thing I found that might pay is a web site or two that lists reviews of movies and shops and all sorts of things. I posted two movie reviews, and if they are accepted it won't pay much. I'd had to write 50 reviews to get paid $50.00, but I could do that if I set my mind to it. So, another day, another idea. Wish me luck. I want to write, I don't want a REAL job. Any suggestions appreciated.

Oh! Check out www.Schvrong.com if you're interested in posting abstracts. It doesn't pay either, but it's a more scholarly type of writing posting place, and it seems to be located in Israel. Just be politically aware of your basic non-Muslim audience. Writing is better with an audience, and feedback, and writing.com is the very best for that.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/382353-New-Printer