*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384869-Stagnant-in-Overload
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#384869 added November 9, 2005 at 4:23am
Restrictions: None
Stagnant in Overload
I need to be SO busy, but I'm treading water at the moment. I am moving, and the closing on the house might be this Friday. It was going to be the 15th, but everything is going along swimingly.

There were a few items on the inspection that either the seller or my mom are going to take care of before I move in. I haven't even gotten boxes yet, though I checked on PODS storage. I think that's how the major part of the move will take place. I have a bad back, and can't carry things like the Superwoman I thought I used to be, which is what messed up my back in the first place. I need to be careful of lifting, and make sure I have good help. Daniel and Clinton, my almost 21-year old friends, have offered to help. They are both big strong guys, and I'm glad to know them.

I'm still in shock that I'm moving. The house is much bigger than what I'm in now, though I'm going from a 3/2 to a 3/2. There's a living room and den with a fireplace, and a great formal dining area with tapestry wallpaper that I'm going to use for my study. It's about the same size as the bedroom I'm using now.

I'm so overwhelmed that this is happening. In some ways, I feel like I'm getting the world on a silver platter. This is a nice house in a nice neighborhood. Mom may take a bedroom for herself later on, if her health begins to fail and she doesn't feel right to stay alone. But with me living a block and a half down the same street from her, we'll spend much more time together in each other's houses.

In my head is a strong desire to quit smoking--again. I know I need to air my house out before it goes on the market, and I hate to stink up a nice new non-smoker's house with my habit, even though I'm living alone for now, with the pets, of course. But with all the pressure, I just don't know. Decisions are day by day, and minute by minute. Mostly I'm going about my normal business, and stalling. I still don't believe this.

I'm still tutoring my cinematography student. We submitted a rough draft of his midterm writing assignment for his prof to look over for improvement suggestions. If David turned in the paper as it is now, he would make an 85. He made a D on his midterm exam, and when he said he really wanted to work for an A on this paper, I was skeptical. I helped him get B's on written assigments before. He might make an A. I broke him of his writing without organization. I had him separate different parts of mise-en-sense into different paragraphs, and had him include at least two details from Citizen Kane for each one. It's a well organized paper. And I'm in no hurry to see Citizen Kane again. I think I've seen it six times by now.

I've started writing moview reviews on the Internet. One place that pays a little is www.epinions.com. I also sent in paperwork to work with Eduwriters. I hope when I get settled in the new house, which was built in 1957, I'll be able to focus on writing more productively. It's hit or miss at best for the last week. But I'm hanging in there, and the zombie stare is turning into a smile. Good tidings to all.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384869-Stagnant-in-Overload