*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384954-Chapter-9-Betrayal
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #963392
A story of Sarah Turner with vampires, wizards, werewolves and magic
#384954 added November 9, 2005 at 1:48pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 9: Betrayal


Sarah’s eyes followed the piece of chalk as it scraped its way across the board, but she didn’t acknowledge what the words were. Instead, her acute ears were picking up the sounds of Nicky whispering nasty things to Alex about Sarah, and what had happened the night before. She also heard about a party that went on during last night from some of the more popular girls and figured that is where Nicky must have been.
Twelve years old and already, she was going to parties and sneaking out in the middle of the night? What if something had happened and Sarah didn’t mean anything just normal… what if one of Vladmire's men had thought Nicky was Sarah, and they tried to hurt her or capture her? Sarah closed her eyes and winced as she heard Nicky telling Alex how Sarah was acting strangely lately, and if was allowed to sneak out why wasn’t she?
Nicky of course just did not understand, and Sarah was completely unallowed to reveal to Nicky about her race because they all found out that as soon as they went through the initiation, they were bound to an oath of secrecy. What would happen if they told? Sarah didn’t really want to find out because she had heard horror stories from Celina and the twins about some people from the village who told some relatives. Troy had said how there was a women who’s eyes burned right in her head, and Celina swore she heard one man’s ear drums explode in a mass of crimson blood.
She shuddered at the very thought of her eyes burning in her skull, but she also thought that Troy could just be making up stories. He did enjoy attention, and that sure bought him some for the night, even if it was for only a couple of hours, and he did have to share his fame with Celina.
‘There just been something strange happening with Sarah lately, and even if my mom and dad don’t care and won’t bitch at her, I want to know what is going on.’
Sarah smiled to herself at Nicky’s words and almost laughed out loud, because she knew that if Nicky were to find out, they would just simply erase that part of her memory, and Sarah would be fine. She almost wished her sister would have the courage to try and find out what she and Madison were up to because it would make their secrecy more of a challenge. Nicky did notice that Ryley was with them more, (even if Madison liked to pretend she hated him so much) and had questioned who he was. Nevertheless, Sarah only smiled and said that Ryley was a new friend of theirs, were they not allowed hanging out with new people without her? And what about Nicky’s new friends, Sarah never asked about them and didn’t intend to because she wasn’t nosy… at least she wasn’t always nosy, she could be when she wanted to.
She saw her classmates rise up around her, and realized she had been so deep in her thoughts that she missed the bell and quickly leaped out of her seat to follow Nicky and Alex as close as possible. Damien called to Sarah as she dodged out of the room, and then again through telepathy hurriedly trying to catch her attention. She nearly tripped over her own feet when his voice came through her head because the sent message so powerfully sent, and it did appear that he was good at telepathy <Sarah, where are you going, we have to meet Madison and Ryley at the forest!>
<I’ll be there soon, don’t worry, I just have some unfinished business to finish first.> Sarah replied slowly, sending each thought carefully so she wouldn’t make a mistake and humiliate herself to the best in her class. She glanced just once back at Damien to see that he appeared slightly worried, but why should he? She was just going to follow her sister and see where she and Alex would scurry away to during the recesses. Something was quite odd with the way Alex had been lately with Nicky, and she didn’t want her sister to get hurt, Alex was always the snake charmer with girls.

She followed Alex and Nicky through the streaming crowd of happily chattering students, most of them unaware of Sarah as she slipped right past them. Nicky was laughing and giggling as Alex tugged her along… hold on a moment, Alex was holding onto Nicky’s arm and dragging her along the hallway, and Nicky’s smile was obviously nervous and slightly scared. Her sister would do anything to have Alex, what if she was letting him allow her to do things that she didn’t quite agree to?
She tried to break into Alex’s thoughts, but had too much trouble since she was still only beginning the telepathy. Instead, she had a better idea, <Damien, if you can hear me I need you to do something for me.>
<What’s wrong Sarah, you seem anxious about something.> Damien quickly replied, taking note to the anxiety that was amongst Sarah’s thoughts. He also sent with his thoughts the image that was around him, and of course, there was Madison and Ryley who were each looking suspicious at Damien and were talking, but she didn’t know what they were saying. God, she thought, is he already that good that he could send images, not even Madison could do that and she trained for weeks with Stephanie! His ability wasn’t even psychic; it was the martial arts and he excellent at both without really trying! Sarah knew right there that she should become good friends with Damien due to the fact that he was more powerful than Simon, Ryley, Madison and Sarah all combined, she knew that one day it would be to their advantage.
<It’s my sister Nicky, there’s something weird going on between her and Alex and I just want to know what Alex is thinking, could you break into his thoughts and find out for me? I think that it might be important.> Sarah told him urgently, noticing that Nicky and Alex were turning into the gym’s change room corridor, and that couldn’t be good. She gasped quietly when she saw her sister’s frightened crystal eyes dart in her direction, a longing for someone, anyone to help her.
<Yeah sure, just give me a second and I’ll come back to you.> he replied, leaving Sarah’s head with the fading memory of Madison and Ryley in front of him. She felt a furry of her vampire instincts growl within her as she nearly flew up the steps and waited at the door for the change rooms for Damien’s news. <Okay, you may not like it but you wanted to know.>
<Of course I do, Alex is dragging my sister down into the change rooms and I want to know why!>
<Yeah, well it seems he’s going to try to force Nicky to do things, and they aren’t the best kind of intentions I can assure you.> Damien told Sarah nervously, and Sarah saw how Madison appeared angry as hell with Ryley holding her back from storming into the school.
<Well what are they, I need to know before I burst in on them which I am about to do within a few seconds, so I need to know, now.> Sarah demanded, her hand itching on the doorknob.
<I… I’m having trouble entering Alex’s thoughts, it’s almost like he can block me from entering, but he’s human, that’s just impossible.> Damien’s thoughts trailed off with a worried blow to Sarah, and that alone made her blood run cold. How could Alex realize that Damien was entering his thoughts, and how would he even be able to block them?
Unless it wasn’t Alex. One of Vladmire’s men could possibly have possessed him, and they want Nicky just so they could get to Sarah. She glanced down at her necklace, and saw that it was not pulsing its white shine. Sarah was confused, and yet she had to go and help her sister, before anything happened.
The room was dark and silent when Sarah entered, but her stream of light that she allowed in didn’t reveal Nicky or Alex. The door closed almost silently behind her, leaving her engulfed in the darkness and yet she could see as if it were lit up perfectly because of her nocturnal eyes.
On the far end of the change room, there were the showers, and since Nicky and Alex were not in here, she quickly decided to press on towards the showers. But even before she took four steps away from the door, she heard the painful grunting of Nicky and her sobs, muffled by the hand of Alex. Sarah’s eyes narrowed dangerously when she heard Alex whispering sweet words to her dear sister and what she heard, she hadn’t expected.
‘Now, now Nicky, everything will be all right, but I need you to do this for me okay? If you do this for me, we can be together, and you want that don’t you?’
Nicky must have nodded because she did not reply. ‘That’s good, but you have to promise to follow Sarah tonight and you must tell me everything what happened, and if you see that they retrieve this crystal I’ve been telling you about, you must try to steal it for me.’
Sarah gasped as she poked her head around the corner, her eyes casting an eerie blue glow upon Alex and her sister. Alex spun his head toward her and growled unlike anything Sarah had ever heard before, but before she could even protract any magic or prepare her moves, Alex leaped like an animal at Sarah. Nicky crumpled to the floor and watched in horror as Sarah was thrown to the floor, then skidding across the change room with Alex pressing his hands against Sarah’s throat. Sarah thought she might have heard Nicky screaming for Alex to stop, but there was only her choking and a voices ringing in her head.
‘Rain drop!’ Sarah gasped, her voice raspy and hurt as she threw the blast of water into Alex’s face, and even though she wasn’t in her attack form, it still threw Alex off Sarah and gave her a chance to catch her breath, and to plan another attack. She swiftly moved and already began feeling her necklace vibrate intensely as its light surrounded Sarah. She emerged from the light and dived away from Alex, knowing in her heart that this was not the Alex they had all grown up with and learned to love.
She tossed another ball of water at Alex, and surprisingly he replied her attack with a barrier attack that only she and Damien had learned, or at least so she thought. it repelled and just barely missed Sarah as she took an arrow from her pouch and let it sling into Alex’s right leg.
He screamed in pain as he crumpled down to the floor, and at first Sarah thought that she possibly might have won and she could have helped Alex, but she was wrong. Alex pulled the arrow from his bleeding wound and pulled out a necklace from under his clothes, the same moon necklace that Madison and Ryley had.
‘Why must you always interrupt into my business every chance that you have Sarah? why is it that you cannot just leave something be?’ this was not Alex’s voice, but Sarah couldn’t place who’s it was. Obviously, the person who had possessed Alex noticed Sarah’s confusion as she lay on the floor, an arrow ready in her sling and chuckled. ‘Can you not guess who I am, are you that pathetically involved in yourself that you do not realize everyone around you? If not, then why don’t I just give it away, I was beginning to loose my enjoyment with you and your sister anyway.’
Alex’s face and body began melting away, taking shape of someone who looked muscular and tall, with light brunette oily hair that stuck to his pale face. his dark purple bags appeared underneath his bitter depressing grey eyes, and on his lips was his annoying smirk that Sarah detested. She should have realized who it was at the moment when she heard his voice, that voice that made her skin crawl and her hairs on her neck and arms stand on end.
‘Colby.’ Sarah whispered.
‘That’s right, I was playing your friends role this whole time and not one of you, not even your pathetic sister here didn’t realize that it wasn’t actually him.’ He laughed and went next to Nicky, brushing his finger across her face and then her lips. She turned her head away and gasped slightly. ‘It’s amazing what your sister would do for this Alex boy Sarah, it’s really quite sad that she would fall head over heels just for the tiniest bit of attention.’
‘You better watch what you say about my sister Colby.’ Sarah threatened. Colby just scoffed and kept his eyes upon Nicky. ‘How is it that you can transform into another human being, I didn’t even know that we learned that in any of our years, and tell me where Alex is, what did you do with him!’
‘Oh well that has quite an easy answer, you see, that little trick can only be performed by a dark person, and your friend is fine, I assure you.’ Colby paused, letting Sarah take in Colby's smart reply. ‘You see, I have been transferring information back to Vladmire, yes Sarah, I am a dark vampire and I am apart of Vladmire's little army.’
‘How could you do that to us Colby?’ Sarah asked. She had her fingers ready on her sword as she moved around Colby.
‘It was easy Sarah, don’t you understand that if I had you, I would have had the entire silver crystal that is within you, and Vladmire needs that silver crystal. I even almost got that crystal that was put into Simon, but Serge had almost caught me, so I had to flee before he realized what I was doing. That was the night when you were at Simon’s house, and I shot the arrow at you; for I thought, why not get the entire silver crystal and a piece of the gold crystal both at the same time?’
Sarah’s mouth opened with the realization of what Colby was saying to her. He had tried to kill Simon and herself, and after a few seconds of pondering, she wondered whether Colby was the one who attacked Damien.
‘That’s correct Sarah, I was the one who attacked Damien, and I erased his memory of me so he would not be able to tell Hillary that I was sneaking around trading information. However, Damien was powerful, and he did tell you that someone amongst the good was actually with Vladmire, he just did not know who it was.’ Damien smirked gleefully as Sarah just grew more and more enraged. She felt her whole body tremble as she tried to catch her breath, but now all that was in her vision was Colby, and she felt as if she had to hurt him, no matter what.
She lunged without a second thought and flew so fast in the air that Colby was thrown down hard as Sarah tore away at his clothes and screamed in anger. Colby cried out when his head on the floor and weakly brought his hand up to throw an attack at Sarah, his breaths quick and frightened. She laughed as she threw his hand away with one simple sweep of her hand, and with the other, she pulled her sword forward and prepared to slay Colby with it.
‘Sarah, no don’t, he’s not worth it!’ Nicky cried from the shower stalls. Her eyes were wide and fearful, but they were also fixed upon the scene with a mixed fascination and curiosity. Sarah stared at her sister for a moment and realized that what she was doing was wrong, even if Colby was a sneaky little rat that was on Vladmire's side, and even though he tried to kill her and Simon, he just wasn’t worth it.

At the moment that Sarah glanced at Nicky, Colby knocked Sarah’s sword out of the way and slipped out from underneath her, with Sarah’s attempts to catch him feeble and clumsy. He ran to the corner, his breathing very hard he grinned at Sarah, ‘Well, this has been way too real for me Sarah dear so I must say goodbye now, see you in Foria then.’
‘What the hell is that supposed to mean you vile little worm, what’s in Foria!’
‘Everything that will conclude your own destiny Sarah,’ and with a wave of his hand before him, Colby disappeared leaving Sarah and Nicky alone in the shadowy change rooms. Sarah collapsed onto her knees and groaned. She lost Colby, Colby who tried to kill Simon and herself, who hurt Damien and who even tried to control her sister Nicky. Nevertheless, this was only the first true encounter with Colby, and she knew that there would be more to come, whether she was ready for him or not.
‘Sarah,’ Nicky said gently, her sweet voice so sad and helpless as she kneeled down next to Sarah, her hand taking Sarah’s into her own and her dazzling blue eyes, that appeared so dark in the light that shone off of Sarah’s necklace stared hard into Sarah’s eyes.
‘It’s okay Nick, everything will be better soon, I promise.’
Sarah’s necklace’s light had almost gone out, but before it did it blinked one last time then went out, and onto Sarah’s lap Nicky collapsed with a deep sigh as though she just fell into a deep sleep. Sarah smoothed out Nicky’s hair carefully and gazed at Nicky’s sweet looking face as she slept away what she had just seen. Sarah wished that in some way, Nicky could know about what’s been going on with her life, and how everything just seemed so unreal, but Nicky was unlike Sarah even though they were twins. Being mortal, she was not allowed to know that there were creatures out there who kept them safe while they slept, or that there was a whole other world just a portal away.
Maybe this was the way that Sarah and Nicky would become as close as they were only a few months ago, if she knew about them, Sarah meant. But what would happen to Sarah if she allowed Nicky to know about her, Madison, Ryley, Simon and the others. Sarah wondered about Colby and where he had gone, if he was with Vladmire at this very moment, were they contemplating about what to do with Sarah and Simon? Or was he hiding somewhere in utter shame that even a powerful vampire like himself couldn’t handle Sarah all alone.
A flash of three people hurrying down the hallway flashed in her mind, and she quickly realized that she and Nicky were about to be no longer alone. She smiled and waited for her friends to come into the change room and find her, and then everything would be all right. She felt so weak and tired and she needed to get Nicky and herself out of here before something awful happened to them.
‘Sarah!’ it was Madison’s sweet voice in the darkness, but Sarah couldn’t help but realize she wasn’t able to see Madison, just a shadowy figure in the distant light. Sarah opened her mouth to call out to them, but no words came out. But by then, Sarah had already smiled and let the darkness engulf her and sweep her away into her dream world. She knew that she would be safe with Madison and Damien helping her, she knew that they would take good care of Nicky as well.


Sarah’s eyelids fluttered uneasily as she groaned in her sleep. She felt as if she had to wake up, but she didn’t really want to because her sleep took away the throbbing pain in the back of her head. She moved around her arms and legs just to make sure that they were functioning properly, and sighed with relief when she saw that they were.
Finally, after a while of lying in her comfortable bed, which she wished she could have laid in forever, Sarah let her eyes open and ease to the gloomy darkness that was around her. The only light that came into the room was from the very full moon itself that allowed its rays to seep in through Sarah and Nicky’s curtains. A deep yawn came from Sarah’s mouth as she rolled onto her side and looked onto the clock, and saw that it was ten at night, which explained why her room was so dark. But if it was actually ten o’clock at night then that meant that Sarah had to hurry before she would be late for her mission, and she had to be there before twelve if she wanted to go and retrieve the crystal.
However, when Sarah tried to move her body she found that it caused leading her to serious pain that shot throughout her entire body. She gasped for air as tears squeezed out of her eyes and fell down her pale cheeks, leaving the marks of her pain left on her. But after only a few moments of the intense pain that Sarah had experienced, did it finally fade and then eventually leave her body completely.
‘Well Sarah, you are defiantly powerful, more than what we had imagined in fact, and our conclusion is that Colby has not possessed you.’ Madison and Ryley stepped into the room each smirking with their own self-satisfaction as they looked down upon Sarah. She lay there helplessly in only a mere pale nightgown that did not belong to her, because all of her pyjamas were black or a dark red. ‘I told you that Colby would never be able to possess Sarah, but you are just too stubborn to believe me, aren’t you Ryley?’
Ryley shook his head at Madison, but Sarah could see his cheeks were flushed with embarrassment, ‘You have to admit that there was a possibility that Colby could have possessed Sarah, and then learn how to take away the crystal from her.’
‘Sarah is much too strong to allow that slime to control her like that, besides, the crystal inside of Sarah would have reacted and create a barrier so that Colby wouldn’t even be able to touch Sarah with his forefinger. Surely you should have known that Ryley.’ Madison did seem as if she was having fun tormenting Ryley, and it was almost like how she and Alex would argue, but there was something strange going on between Madison and Ryley. But Sarah was silent in her suspicions because she knew that they would both deny any accusations that Sarah would put out to them. Sarah sighed and opened her mouth to talk, but before she could
‘Of course I knew that, but Colby is a very strong dark vampire and he is close to Vladmire. Who says that Vladmire didn’t teach Colby how to use his powers,’ Ryley paused in his speech, his light eyes darkening as he looked away from Sarah and Madison, ‘I just can’t believe that all this time Colby was with us, hearing all of our plans and everything and yet not one of us knew. It’s kind of scary if you think about it, because that might mean that anyone could be with Vladmire, even you could be Madison.’
‘And that goes the same with you Ryley, we can never know with you now can we?’ Madison quickly retorted, throwing her hair over her shoulder.
‘True, so why don’t we just agree to disagree Madison, that way you can be right as well and we don’t need to argue anymore.’ Ryley scoffed, his eyes staring at the ceiling while Madison glared at Ryley with a small smile on her lips.
‘Guys,’ Sarah finally said, ‘I just want to know what happened to Colby, did he get away to Vladmire? And what about Nicky, where is she, is she all right, did you guys get to us in time or what?’
Ryley sighed and closed his eyes, ‘Colby did escape before any of the older vampires could come and catch him and he is now in Foria most likely paired up once again with Vladmire. He has hid Alex in the most curious place, the Soul’s place, that place where you first began to know about what you are, and your sister Nicky, she perfectly safe and is within Hillary’s care.’
‘Why is Nicky with Hillary, why is she not here?’ asked Sarah, her eyes narrowed as she pulled herself up to sit on her bed so that she would be able to watch Madison and Ryley’s expressions. Madison’s eyes glittered in the darkness as she chewed on her cheek, something that she wasn’t able to help when she was uneasy about something.
‘I will tell her Madison,’ Ryley offered, putting his hand onto Madison’s shoulder and squeezing it gently, and as they glanced at each other, Sarah caught something quite curious in the glint in their eyes. But Sarah pretended that she did not notice and smiled as Ryley turned to Sarah and away from Madison, he took a breath, and then explained the situation to Sarah as clearly as he could. ‘You see Sarah, since you and Nicky look identical and Vladmire's men know not the difference between you and Nicky, as in who has the longer hair and ect, you two may both be in danger. And if a mortal in one what we like to call the darkness zone, which means they could be destined for death, and a horrible one at that, so we like to just help out the mortals just in the tiniest way so that they can defend themselves.’ Ryley gave a small chuckle after what he said, but all Sarah did was glare maniacally at Ryley.
‘What kind of defences do we give mortals Ryley?’
‘Well, just some of the basic magic that we learn, we already know how to do them but their pretty low levelled so their easy for mortals to use, and it’s just to protect themselves until someone can come and help them.’
‘Are you telling me that my sister is going to learn how to use a barrier move, she’s going to know about me, about witches and warlocks and vampires, about our entire world and about Vladmire?’ Sarah shouted angrily.
‘Sarah,’ Madison cried, rushing forward and holding onto Sarah hoping that it would possibly calm her down, ‘You must understand that we only did this to protect Nicky, it was the only we could help you two.’
Sarah calmed down in a matter of seconds, her previously hasty breathing slowed down and her fists unclasped gradually and wrapped around Madison. Sarah just felt so irritated because she did not want to get Nicky involved into any of this, because she was worried that something would happen to her sister. Now Hillary was most likely allowing Serge to sink his ghostly teeth into her sister’s pale skin, and allow some of this magic to enter her. Then Nicky would be able to use the most simplest of magic, and she would know all about Sarah, her mother and father, she would look at Sarah differently, as if her own sister were a freak.
‘Does my mother and father know where Nicky is, do they know what happened to me or that I would have sacrificed myself to save my sister?’ Sarah asked quietly, her head limp as she laid it on Madison’s shoulder, her eyes blank as she stared out the window. She wondered where Simon might be, she wished that instead of being in Madison’s arms, she could be in his, Simon made Sarah feel much more comforted than Madison did.
‘Your parents do know, and you wouldn’t believe how surprised and proud your mother is Sarah, it’s amazing how her eyes just lightened up when we explained the situation to her, and why Ryley was carrying your unconscious body.’
Sarah pulled away from Madison and stared at her in complete awe, ‘My mother is actually proud of me?’ Sarah’s jaw was fallen open as Madison and Ryley laughed pleasantly, the sound was sweet to Sarah’s ears and she couldn’t help but smile as well.
‘What are you all laughing about, it’s almost ten thirty, you must be at the school by eleven if you three want to participate on your mission.’ Sarah’s parents stood in the doorway, both had bright eyes filled with adoration and full proud smiles on their faces as they looked upon Sarah.
‘You actually want me to go to the school mother, this is quite a change for you isn’t it?’ Sarah snapped slightly, she couldn’t help uttering those words with her nasty tone, all her life her mother had completely despised Sarah, was she going to forget it just because her mother was so proud of her now?
Her mother lowered her head in shame and sighed, ‘I know that I’ve been hard on you for the longest time, but I have quite the reason to explain why.’
‘Then tell me it, and not a single lie must emit from those lips of yours so help you,’ Sarah challenged, her eyes glowing fiercely in the darkness that enveloped all of them.
‘I am sorry Sarah, but now you are much to young to understand if I were to tell you, you would become so confused and lost inside of yourself, you might not ever come back to us, this is why I cannot tell you at the moment.’
Sarah growled and crossed her arms over one another, ‘very well then, don’t tell me mother, I won’t ever be good enough for you anyway, whether I’m twelve or twenty.’ She pushed past her parents with Ryley and Madison following, unable to even glance into Sarah’s mother’s eyes. She sobbed quietly and fell to her knees bringing her head into her hands as the three unlocked the front door, and disappeared into the night.
‘I should have never been so harsh with Sarah, should I Mark, and it isn’t her fault that all this has happened, but it is instead mine. Never should I have been so aggressive with Sarah, I know how Sarah has a deep rage inside just for myself because of the way I raised her, I know of the anger that dwells within her, and of the magic within her veins. I do this to her because I was scared of what might happen, or what she might do this entire time, but it was such a mistake to do so because now I might have lost her forever to Hillary.’ Hope’s tears fell off her cheeks onto the twin’s carpet, staining the dark blue material just like blood.
‘You have to realize that Sarah belonged to Hillary this whole time Hope, we’ve just been her guardians, I knew that at twelve she would figure out a way to get Sarah to become what she was always born to be. Hillary is that powerful and when she wants something, she will do anything to have it won’t she Hope?’ Mark said, trying to reassure his wife, but that just cause Hope to clench her teeth and shriek like a madwomen while she pounded the floor in frustration.
‘Yes, oh god yes! She wants Sarah all to herself, she wants Sarah to be like her own daughter and she just wants to have Sarah so that she will spite me.’ Hope cried out tearfully. Her golden hair had fallen into her face and caught up the tears that were falling from her crystal blue eyes as she whimpered into Mark’s arm as he embraced her.
He twitched slightly when Hope had said that, looked down uneasily at his wife, and didn’t know what to say, ‘Hope honey, we know why Hillary wants to have Sarah to herself, there’s not plot to make you jealous, Hillary is just loves Sarah because of the fact that…’
‘Do not speak of such things in this home Mark, never speak of such treachery and scandal within these walls again, they hurt my ears and scar my heart anytime I think about it.’ Hope shuddered suddenly as if a cold wind had blown in, but that seemed to cause Hope to stop her sobbing and stand up, brushing herself off. ‘Too many people know of that scandal already, and if Sarah knew she would be so confused, she just wouldn’t understand how that would be possible. Please Mark, we must never tell her until she is ready to face the truth, how would you feel if you found out that…’ Hope paused and fell silent, her eyes staring at something behind Mark, who turned around and saw that Jake stood in his doorway with only a pair of shorts on, his hair fallen into his eyes. But even though his hair was nearly completely hiding his entire face, and his eyes were weary with sleep, both adults could see that his inquisitive side, just like his two sisters, had awaken just as it always did.
‘Mom, dad, what’s going on?’ he innocently asked, but Hope could tell that he had that greedy glint in his brown eyes, the only thing that gave life to those dull eyes of his. Mark and Hope glanced at each other and sent a few rapid thoughts to each other, wondering what they should do, if they should tell him or not.
‘Jake, we have something very important to tell you about us, and Sarah, this might shock you and you may or may not believe us, but it is the truth.’ Mark told Jake, a dark smile creeping onto his lips, Jake gasped and tried to move towards the stair, but his mother already blocked them, leaving him trapped between his parents. He cried out in fear when he saw his parents bare what appeared to be vampire teeth that were shining with saliva, but it was far too late to stop them now.
The hollow and shrill scream echoed throughout the house, but Sarah, Madison and Ryley did not hear it as they were already far down the road and nearing the Blue Park. Not one of them caught the telepathic images that Sarah’s parents were sending out unknowingly as they feasted onto Jake’s blood, enough to make them healthier but not enough to kill him. They howled with laughter after as Jake lay on the hallway floor, his body surrounded by his own crimson blood, his wound in his throat and wrist were already healing themselves, proof that even Jake had some magic within him. If only they had known that, then they might have possibly not hurt their own flesh and blood, their kin, and now they were stuck with the fact that their passionate feast had caused their son to become one of them, a half blood vampire, and Sarah’s new rival.

© Copyright 2005 fallen angel (UN: vc_andrewsfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fallen angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/384954-Chapter-9-Betrayal