*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/385668-Matters-of-the-Heart
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#385668 added February 2, 2013 at 6:48pm
Restrictions: None
Matters of the Heart
I rarely write romance stories and despite being very sensitive, I'd say I'm too cynical to be classed as a romantic. But today something has made me think about that crazy little thing called love and what a difficult and complicated thing it is to describe. Maybe it's the beautiful crisp cold day we've had here, or Christmas on the horizon or just some inner soul-searching, but what do you think about these soppy questions...

1. Do you really believe there is one person in the world meant for us? Is there such a thing as a soulmate? If so, how many ever find that person on a planet this size?

2. Do you think we ever reach an age where it's too late to find true love? Should we resign ourselves to what we have already and count our blessings? Or should we continue to pursue the dream?

3. Do you think age difference between two people really matters? Is it more acceptable for an older man to be with a younger woman than vice versa?

4. Do you think it's possible to be in love with someone you've never met in person but feel you know well through other means? If looking into the eyes of someone in a photograph stirs feelings of love is that ridiculous, immature or acceptable?

5. Do you think people who find love late in life and have broken relationships behind them stand a chance of maintaining a loving relationship or are they too scarred and set in their ways?

I have no idea where all that came from but it's a bit of lighthearted escapism from the humdrum. There's a little bit of personal interest in there but on the whole it's writing research. *Wink* Honestly!

I suspect I'll be back to my cynical self by tomorrow, so don't worry. lol

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/385668-Matters-of-the-Heart