*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388419-Black-Friday-4
Rated: 18+ · Book · Career · #860256
A log of the goings on at my place of business.
#388419 added November 25, 2005 at 10:01pm
Restrictions: None
Black Friday #4
So this is the fourth black friday I've worked and every year for the Christmas season, we always manage to have the most obnoxious kiosk set up outside out store. Last year, it was the people grabbing peoples hands and asking "Do you take care of your fingernails?" This year its one of those that sells those head/scalp massagers that look like metal octopi. The one guy makes my skin crawl and they were literally like, chasing people down the mall to put this giant metal thing on their heads. Well, they got so obnoxious that security came and taped off a nice little square around their kiosk with tape and they can't go outside the box! It's fabulous. I want to stand outside it and laugh and say "you can't get me, you can't get me!"

Anyways, not as chaotic as other years. A lady asked why we didn't have as many wall calendars as last year and H. said that maybe people don't have walls anymore.

A lady asked three of us booksellers what was the most recent paperback adult book. We all kinda blinked at her since paper back books come out every day.

Another lady asked me if the "Magic Treehouse" books were real. Yes, yes they are lady. The author of these books actually owns a magic treehouse that transports you to different places and different time. Come on! And if you didn't know that part of the plot, the flying dinosaurs across the cover of the first book should have tipped you off that they weren't real!!

Toward the end of my shift, the four of us (R., K., H., and myself) were standing around at the cashwrap and it was kinda of quiet. Then all of a sudden a little voice of a six year old girl floats through the store: "Oh yeah baby! Oh yeah!" Yes, it sounded sexual in content and we all collapsed in laughter. After investigation we found out she was reading from the 'Bad Cat' book, and we weren't quite as scared.

© Copyright 2005 WithyWindle (UN: minnow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WithyWindle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/388419-Black-Friday-4