*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/389217-So-Here-It-Is
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#389217 added January 29, 2015 at 6:43am
Restrictions: None
So Here It Is...
Every year it gets earlier, bigger, brighter and noisier. Not to mention completely over the top, hideous and hilarious in my humble opinion. But it's perhaps a good job that for every Bah Hum Bugger, (Thanks for that phrase Tor) there are those who just adore the festive season and cannot wait to let the rest of the world know.

I cannot photograph the whole thing and my camera isn't too good in the dark, (or maybe it's the user) so I apologise for the quality but it will give you a flavour of the enthusiasm of the occupiers.

There are Santas on sleighs, ladders, chimneys and parachutes to name but a few. The nativity scene is inside the decorated horse box, with Santa and reindeer keeping guard outside. And once darkness falls the place becomes a flashing beacon.

It's impossible to capture the whole effect complete with recorded choirs singing carols, tinkling electronic bells and Santa HoHoHoing but I confess I cannot walk by without stifling a snicker. I know, I know, I'm awful. I'm just grateful I don't live directly opposite!






© Copyright 2015 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/389217-So-Here-It-Is