*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/391219-Christmas-Preparations---Day-One
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#391219 added December 8, 2005 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas Preparations - Day One
With only a swift visit to the dentist on the agenda today I envisaged a clear day ahead to get started on those seasonal tasks I just adore. *Frown* I know from experience about the best laid plans of mice and men and my own tendencies to put off the inevitable.

At ten this morning I hunted out my box of Christmas cards and prepared myself for a long session of writing messages and greetings. The phone rings - my friend Pam to tell me her dad's cousin's daughter's family are coming to her house this weekend and should she prepare cobs or sandwiches? Well, frankly my dear I don't give a damn but I didn't say it of course. Much too sweet as you well know.

Decide it might be an idea to make tonight's dinner first so it would only need heating up, thus saving time. Of course this creates a mound of pots in need of washing. Notice the sink tidy is looking grubby so give that a good scrub and while I'm at it decide I may as well clean the drainer and sink. Remember the washer and tumble drier need emptying and as it's been a fine day here, hang the washing out. Notice a plant outside in need of repotting so take a trip to the greenhouse to tackle that job. Reminds me the plants in there for the winter need a little water so do that while I'm there.

Sit down and write first Christmas card. Stick out tongue to seal envelope then remember just in time I need to put a New Year party invitation inside. Eat lunch while designing and printing twenty party invitations. Decide I might as well print out some photos of Annice's visit while I'm at it. Printer ink runs out; change ink cartridge and notice the printer surface is a bit smeared. Remember Mavis's advice and seek out cotton wool pads and surgical spirit. Clean printer and decide the keyboard could do with another wipe too.

Wash hands, hair looks a bit messy too so better give it a quick brush. Notice brush is full of hair so fill the sink to wash all combs and brushes. The amount of hair I remove convinces me I must be going bald. Must be all this seasonal stress.

Remember I forgot to pay bills at the bank this morning so better do it online. Internet in constipated slug mode so takes longer than anticipated. Can't remember my password for one of my accounts so have to search through documents to find it. Decide documents need sorting so organise all the relevant ones and then spend time shredding the others. Shredder now full so take it to the recycling bin. Notice the bird bath is empty so fill that then give the birds some extra food as they were hanging around gazing at me with mournful eyes. Have a quick chat with Mrs Blackbird; I swear she'll answer back one of these days.

Sit down with cards and party invitations. Phone rings - my friend Gillian to tell me her mother's sister's son has sent her a card from Australia. Well, frankly my dear...

Time for a cuppa while sending essential e-mails and checking out WDC blogs. Well blow me, just look at the time. Better get that dinner on. After which I'll sit down and write Christmas cards...in between watching my favourite T.V. programme and washing up...and I need a bath...and I have to phone my mum...and there'll be more blogs to read later...and...

Oh Bum, I'll think about Christmas tomorrow.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/391219-Christmas-Preparations---Day-One