*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/391999-Inspiration-comes-in-funny-package
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #976498
Zee Journal!
#391999 added December 12, 2005 at 12:24am
Restrictions: None
Inspiration comes in funny package
So today was my first real day of phone answering. Let's just say there are more fun ways to spend your day other than dialing homes where you get this as your answer, "Don't you know that today is Sunday? What the hell are you calling on a Sunday? This is God's Day! Family Day! Would you like me to call you? Why don't you give me your phone number so that I can call you?"

All I have to say is: if you fucking people would just pay your bill I wouldn't have to be calling you on a Sunday that I, myself, don't even want to be working on.

Anyways...working this job has led me to the inspiration of writing a story about working this job. It's giving me a very "Clerk's" vibe, only around call centers.

The stereotypes that people fall into when I am stuck calling them. You are one of three people: kind, annoyed, or raging.

There is hardly an inbetween.

Kind people understand what you are doing and thank you.

Annoyed people may understand you, but don't give you an easy time with it.

Raging people could give two rat shits about what you are trying to do and would rather have you sit on a red hot pole while they kill your dog and piss in your gas tank.

But anyways...some funny stories have already began to pop out of my mind about this. We'll see where my annoying muse takes me.

I am now going to go relax and try to get the screaming masses out of my mind. Talk to you all later :)

© Copyright 2005 The Shawnshank Redemption (UN: gurusariff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Shawnshank Redemption has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/391999-Inspiration-comes-in-funny-package