*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/394458-DECEMBER-22-2005
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1044735
It's always easier for me to put my feelings in writing than express them verbally.
#394458 added December 24, 2005 at 12:19am
Restrictions: None
DECEMBER 22, 2005
Two more days 'til Christmas, but you'll be home tomorrow. I miss you so much, I doubt you'll ever understand. I wanted nothing more this year than to have you home. I know it's only for 2 days, but that's ok. You'll be coming home for good next spring.

I know we've discussed you thinking about re-upping for another 4 years in the reserve. Though you haven't made up your mind yet, I hope you do. But, if you do, I hope you never have to leave the states again. However, I think it would be wise on your part to stay. At least in the reserves you'll be home, you can go to college, start on a career, and have 4 more years to see where you'll be and decide what you want for yourself then. Even if you put in your full 20 years, you'll only be 38. That's a good retirement and great benefits from the military.

No matter what you decide though, you know I will be behind you and support you in any decision you make. Whatever you decide, it will be the right choice for you.

I am so very proud of you son. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. And the little dog you're bringing me home for Christmas. Though you say it's mine and you bought it for me, I know it's really yours. :) But that's ok, I wouldn't have it any other way. :) I'll leave your bedroom door open so he can sleep in your bed after you leave.

I know this isn't the best Christmas we've ever had. Infact, finacially it's the worse. But at least unlike last year you spent in Iraq, this year you're home, and I never want to see another Christmas without you.

I LOVE YOU,

Later..........

© Copyright 2005 Yellow Rose (UN: yellowrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yellow Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/394458-DECEMBER-22-2005