*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/394525-Not-your-typical-holiday-post
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #956430
Here I am!
#394525 added December 24, 2005 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
Not your typical holiday post
You probably expect me to put aside my prickliness for one post and say "Merry Christmas". To say something about how much my friends and family mean to me, and how to better mankind.

Yeah. Some bullshit like that.

Fuck Christmas. You can call me a Scrooge, Grinch or whatever. I don't give a shit. Why the fuck would I care about a holiday that advocates lying to children to instill a post-Victorian "innocence" that adults think they should have. Tell kids the truth once in a while. You might be suprised when they turn out pretty decent. With a sense of morality, and not bugging you about bailing them out of jail.

I don't need a holiday to tell people I love them, or to give to the poor. That shit's supposed to be done a couple times a year, if you're guilty and you believe your soul depends on that kind of shit. Personally, I don't think that my soul depends on whether or not my mom gets a Magic Bullet for Xmas.

A Christian is probably reading this and gasping. Well guess what? Jesus wasn't born on December 25. He wasn't even born in the wintertime. Peep this if you don't believe me: http://www.historychannel.com/exhibits/holidays/christmas/real2.html

Yup. All you Christians out there celebrating Christmas are participating in a semi-pagan ritual. So does that mean your soul is at more risk now with you having a big ass pink Xmas tree and cheerfully wrapped presents under your tree?

I heard that. Having Xmas fall on Sunday this year does not make it okay. It makes it even more sacriligious.

But who am I fooling? Does anyone really give a damn about the truth, as long as they have expensive electronics and the excuse to drink 'til they fall down?

Of course not.

Happy Fucking Holidays.

© Copyright 2005 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/394525-Not-your-typical-holiday-post