*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396423-Im-Back
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#396423 added January 3, 2006 at 9:36am
Restrictions: None
I'm Back!
The two weeks in which I moved my boxes and furniture, seven miles across town, and have been without Internet service seems interminable. It seems a lifetime ago. I'm not very settled in the house, but I can find my way to the bathroom in the dark. It'sa damn dark with no lights on in the house at night. However, truthfully, I ran into furniture more often in the old house. I was very crowded, and now I have 1704 square feet of 3/2. It's still difficult to comprehend what that means in real life. It's a lot to vacuum and dust mop.

It rained the day the furniture was moved. The U-Haul was covered, and the guys used blankets to cover the furniture as it came in. They made sure I dried everything off, so the furniture got a bath in the process. Cool! I still have lots of shining of wood to do. I have many shelves of dark wood, and many books yet to move in. Many less priority possessions are in the garage. No problem with the car. The garage is detached in the back yard. It's going to be great for bar-be-cues.

My mom dealt with contractors for two months, and I've only had the priviledge the last two weeks. they aren't all arses, but not supervised workers screw up. Thank goodness there was a second electrician involved. I asked him to install a grounded plug for my computer. This house was built in 1957, and there was much more work that could have been done. Think I'll get in a call to the electrician who screwed up. At least my computer has a grounded plug, but there are several others in question. Interesting what one learns in life from day to day.
© Copyright 2006 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396423-Im-Back