*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393058-Seems-Like-Forever
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #998498
What I'm thinking about today. . .
#393058 added December 16, 2005 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Seems Like Forever
I suppose it was the end of October when the paperwork started on the house. It certainly seems like it was forever ago. My old house's possessions have been packed into a PODS unit, and delivered to the garage of the new house.

The painter, the electrician, the fireplace man, the telephone man, the plumber, the fence man, and the carpet removers, the carpet cleaning people, and all their helpers have been buzzing about the house like a beehive.

Frankly, with discussions with two very independent neighbors over fencing the property lines was probably the most stressful situation. You want to be nice, but the guy on the east side wanted a three foot easement to open his car door. Not really, my friend. I ain't THAT nice! Men can't measure properly anyhow, they say. . . The property line sits right on the edge of the driveway. Developers in the 1950s had no idea what they were setting up.

Anyhow, a gate still has to be created by a welder from scratch, because none are in stock in Dallas at the present time. Who knew? The big deal is that my dogs are my security, and I wanted them to have vision of the front of the house from both sides. It's not a perfect world, but I'm not complaining too much, I hope. Life is good, really good.

It's so fine to not be depressed in the winter. I'm seasonally affected with depression--have been for many years, along with the bipolar thing I've got to deal with at times. I have a good new doctor who kept the old gloomy death sentence from finding me this fall. Every day is a new experience. But I do enjoy sleeping too much.

When I finally get my furniture moved into the new house, I'll have plenty to do. Right now I have just a few boxes left to pack, from the kitchen and bathroom. I still have cable TV and DSL. The Internet connection gets shut down and re-hooked-up with Comcast again, on next Tuesday. I hope I'm just down a day. It may actually snow in Dallas on Monday, and Tuesday, and people in Texas are notorious for not doing well on snow and ice. We don't get the experieince. And that may be the day the furniture gets moved. I trust in God that everything will work out okay.

Does anybody know how to take the tower apart and get in good with a can of air??? I haven't cleaned the inside of the computer since I got it, and it's not a new computer anymore. Time marches on. Great opportunity to get dust. My nose knows!

This afternoon I'm going to Petsmart, and get a tag for the outside kitty, if she misplaces herself, and stock the new house for when all the critters get over there. My 20-year old kitty has been through a lot of moves, across the state of Texas. The outside kitty, and the Lab and the Shepherd have only lived at this house. I took the dogs over for a smell one day last week. That's so me--taking my dogs to check out the new digs. It takes organization to keep food on hand for two cats and two big dogs. It's worth the effort. They're my kids.

The house was built in 1957, and we bought from the original owner. They always had carpet on top of the hardwoods. When the carpets came up, they looked just like they'd never been walked on. In the meantime, I realized there's almost fifty years of grime that wore though the carpet and embedded itself in the beautifully shiny wood. I've scrubbed two of the bedrooms with ammonia and a big cotton mop. I ended up rinsing the floor three or four times, and the water still wasn't totally clear. I have one more bedroom to mop, and the the living room, and dining room, which is going to be my study.

There's this lovely tapestry looking wallpaper on the wall in the dining room. My house is a castle, it's so huge. It'll be smaller when Mom moves in later on, but I'll have my own territory staked out by then. I love my mom, but we don't get along so well that we need to live on top of each other. Her house now is in the next block down. I can walk, and she drives. She's looking forward to us having morning coffee together. It'll be nice to wake up with a human sometimes.

She's got to walk with a stick in the house because of the biggest dog. He accidentally broke three of my ribs playing when he was a puppy. He's good natured, but doesn't know his own strength.

Well, I guess I've rambled enough off my chest for once sitting. I feel guilty for not writing more lately. I'll catch up for lost time soon. Happy Holidays!
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/393058-Seems-Like-Forever