*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396760-Castle-In-The-Mountains
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#396760 added January 4, 2006 at 11:26am
Restrictions: None
Castle In The Mountains
NOTE:This was from a photo prompt for the yahoo group free-writers:

Castle In The Mountains


It had taken us nine days to reach the crest of Martyrs’ Pass. As we stood looking down into the cloud concealed valley of Finn’s Retreat, we saw it for the first time in our lives. The castle that rose above the clouds, the castle that was in every myth and legend about the Fay Mountains. There seeming to float on the clouds was Sanctuary Castle and behind it Finn’s Moon ascended into the sky.

“Finn’s Moon is almost full,” said Celesta removing the silver belt she wore and studying the black pearl in its buckle. “We arrived just in time, the pearl hasn’t started to glow. I won’t began the transformation for another night or two, but we must hurry. We have to reach the castle before …”

“The castle is at least three days away, maybe four,” said Carlo staring nervously at Celesta as she replaced the belt. “If you began the transformation in the valley Lord Finn will kill you himself.”

“He will have to go through me first,” I said, touching the Scarlet Slayer that hung at my right side.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/396760-Castle-In-The-Mountains