*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/397342-Realise-the-Value
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#397342 added January 6, 2006 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
Realise the Value
Not my own words but something forwarded from a friend. I thought it rather poignant.

'To realise the value of a sister, ask someone who doesn't have one.

To realise the value of ten years, ask a newly divorced couple.

To realise the value of four years, ask a graduate.

To realise the value of one year, ask a student who has failed a final exam.

To realise the value of nine months, ask a mother who has given birth to a stillborn.

To realise the value of one month, ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

To realise the value of one week, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realise the value of one minute, ask a person who has just missed a train. bus or plane.

To realise the value of one second, ask a person who has survived an accident.

Time waits for no one. Treasure every moment you have. You will treasure it more when you can share it with someone special.

To realise the value of a friend or family member, lose one.'

The last line reinforces the way I've been feeling since the start of this year. I just hope it's my morbid imagination. Appreciate, validate and communicate with those you care about today; tomorrow you may not have the chance. That's all I can offer at the moment.


© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/397342-Realise-the-Value