*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398397-Two-of-Spades
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Cultural · #1054704
Hi,a warm welcome to all from Me
#398397 added January 10, 2006 at 5:20pm
Restrictions: None
Two of Spades
They stare out at the world from their favourite West-facing window ledge. Two felines of indeterminate breeding as alike, in every detail, as two peas in a pod.

Black as night, their immaculate coats and I'm enchanted by two pairs of emerald orbs that demand of me, my facinated gaze.

They are alike in all but one thing.
One cat peers out through the window from inside the house. It stands stock still, and for the longest time, I am convinced it is a porcelain statue. The other is perched on a thin ledge outside of the window, its tail bobbing in time with the click of my footfalls.

As I approach, down the stoney front walkway, the indoor cat, springs suddenly to life, and ducks for safety behind the curtain ruffle. Its braver twin hurries over to greet me; Purring amourously as I stoop to stroke its velvet-smooth pelt.

This same phenominum occurs each time I visit this house. Sometimes they turn to face each other and attempt to rub noses through the glass. But always One is inside and the other out. It is remoniscent of some eerie on going stage show.
I wonder if the players ever change roles?

© Copyright 2006 Noahcounthobo (UN: onnoahcount at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Noahcounthobo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398397-Two-of-Spades