*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398850-staying-on-track
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1057247
Don't want to give up, even if I get too busy.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#398850 added January 12, 2006 at 1:50pm
Restrictions: None
staying on track
Tomorrow I go back to work. The weekends always go by so fast. Spending time dreaming of what I would like to be doing and end up doing all the other family duties and running around doing everything else but the thing I would like to do. I am speaking of my weekends and myself as an aspiring writer. I always have plans to write and get a bit closer to my dream of becoming a full time professional writer but this weekend I was busy attending a party in our honor from our former neighbors who wanted to send us off with a memorable dinner saying goodbye. Some sad and some happy moments that we shared from over the many years we lived in the neighborhood.
The next day we went back to the old house to clean up and bring over the last box to our new home. Tired from a long physical day of cleaning, I soaked in a tub, then watched a movie and fell asleep.
The next day I went to church. After that, I attended my youngest son’s indoor soccer game. I came home and entertained visiting family, made dinner, ate, cleaned up after dinner, showered and now…I have a moment to be somewhat by myself, in between the interruptions of any one of my four boys needing me to attend to them for various urgent matters that have nothing to do with them going to bed.
Tomorrow is almost here and I have not written any part of a book, short story, play or even a poem. This was a day in my life trying to become a writer. This also happens to be a normal weekend in my family life. The cycle of duties that never ends.
I keep moving along, however. I sit at my desk looking at all my writing and reference books, believing that one day I’ll make it.
I want to be an example of following your dreams. I want my kids to have dreams and believe they can come true. Oh, I can say follow your dreams, but shouldn’t I lead by example? I haven’t given up on me. They see, watch and even hear me. It’s important to be and do what we are born to do. It took me many years to realize that it was always in front of me. I try to teach that to my children, too. They will find it for themselves. I set the path, guide them along and let them know that I have the net if they fall, and they can get back up and keep trying. That's what I do.



Believe in Dreams!
~Tamra B

© Copyright 2006 Tamra B (UN: tammywrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tamra B has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/398850-staying-on-track