*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399093-After-the-Assembly
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #1057247
Don't want to give up, even if I get too busy.
#399093 added January 13, 2006 at 3:16pm
Restrictions: None
After the Assembly
I got started late. I thought I was on track, got the house in order and the dog situated to guard the house. What that means is that I shut all doors and amke sure there is no visible food out and no open garbage that will find its way to the House floor. Everything seemed well until I got to the school assembly. I was late. I thought it started in the after noon. I was wrong. It was this morning. It was a celebration assembly for Martin Luther King. I was look forward to the speakers and one particular speaker, my dad. I missed the whole thing. I felt bad. I felt I let hem down. He likes to speak but he likes to have me there as his most important audience. He always wants to know how he did, in my opinion. But I didn't hear it.
He shrugged it off as no big deal. But I know my dad, it was a big deal.
After that I wasn't able to make all my appointments with the kids I mentor. The school schedule changed and I was lost. I should have rallied, been proactive in rescheduling my appointments, but... I didn't. I wanted to sit and think about my future. Where am I going in life? What am I contributing and am I making a difference? These were the topics of todays assembly, to the teens and future of tomorrow. I got stuck there. Asking myself these questions. How can I make a difference in the lives of kids if I haven't completed my dreams and goals? Isn't that a hypocrite of sorts? I say yes. Yes it is.
So here I am. Writing my thoughts. Writing. Not a novel, not a play, not a short story but I am writing. And quickly I might add. This is huge. I couldn't type fast... ever. but with all the writing I have been doing, words fly off my fingers. This is a sign of good things to come.

© Copyright 2006 Tamra B (UN: tammywrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tamra B has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399093-After-the-Assembly