*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399509-JAN-15-2005
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1044735
It's always easier for me to put my feelings in writing than express them verbally.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#399509 added January 15, 2006 at 5:31am
Restrictions: None
JAN. 15, 2005
New Years has come and gone. I haven't written in a while.

We talked New Years eve, as usual. But that night I asked if you were driving, you said yes, and I said, "Baby, please drive careful." You said, "Yeah, mom!"

I knew you were irritated at me for saying that, but I had a bad feeling. Of course, I didn't say that then, but then 30 minutes later you called and said you'd had an accident. I told you then why I said what I said. You know I have my feelings. Luckily you were ok, and only your truck was damaged.

Anyway, from there to here, you left me a disc from Christmas that are songs from you to me, entitled "2 Mama".

Well, I've just recently started listening to your songs. Especially the ones that I don't know.

The song WAR

What is it good for, absolutely nothin'.
It ain't nothin, but a heartbreak. Who wants to die.
You got one friend only, that's the undertaker.
Has shattered many young man dreams, made him disabled. War can't give life, it can only take it away. They say we must fight to keep our freedom, but Lord there's got to be a better way.

Then some of the words to some of the other songs:

Just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a pretty face. It's not easy to be me. I wish that I could cry, fall down on my knees. Find a way to lie about a home I'll never see. Even hero's have a right to dream. Looking for special things inside of me. I'm only a man, looking for a dream. It's not easy to be me.

I walk a lonely road, the only one that I have ever known. Don't know where it goes, but it's only me and I walk alone. I walk alone, only my shadow walks beside me.

Well for now I'm stopping, but will finish your songs and my response later.

I love you,

Later...

© Copyright 2006 Yellow Rose (UN: yellowrose at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yellow Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/399509-JAN-15-2005