*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/400627-I-Hate-That-Song
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#400627 added February 11, 2013 at 11:57am
Restrictions: None
I Hate That Song
I've had some extensive and specialised dental treatment today.

OUCH OUCH OUCH - That's my bank balance screaming.

I don't feel comfortable talking after all the oral activity (get your mind out the gutter) so I won't rabbit too much.

I was very amused by Mavis Moog 's entry today regarding her 'ear worms.'*Laugh* I'm glad I'm not the only one whose brain latches onto songs and won't stop mentally singing them. It's bad enough under normal circumstances, but when it's a song you positively hate, it's enough to drive you round the bend - if you aren't already round it that is.

So that got me thinking. (yes, it happens sometimes) Many writers love music; it goes with the territory and we all have different tastes. I would never survive without music - I play it all day when I'm in and my tastes are very extensive. The only music I can't stand is opera and (c)rap. But there are some songs I just hate though I can't really explain why. I don't know what constitutes a great piece of music. Sometimes it's the lyrics but as there are some classical and instrumental pieces I adore, it can't always be the case. Anyway, here are five songs I hate with a vengeance...

1. Jambalaya

2. Do you love me? (Now that I can dance)

3. Stand by your man.

4. Seventy Six Trombones.

5. Achy Breaky Heart.

There are others but they were the ones that come to mind. I wonder what songs members despise?

My love of music has inspired the only idea I have for a novel. Whether I'll ever write it is another story. I started the first chapter a few months ago. I wrote half a page. lol BUT, I like that half a page and feel it's the correct starting point. I don't have the plot planned out and don't feel a desperate need to get on with it. It will build in time, just as a good concerto does. I hope.

My story is rather autobiographical and maybe hasn't enough substance to capture readers. But ultimately I'm not sure that matters so much. The thing that convinces me this is the theme for me is the fact that I have a song dedicated to little old me. It's not famous and has probably only been heard by about ten people in the world. But that's what makes it special. To listen to the beautiful words of a song written with you in mind is something not many people ever experience. And it sort of rounds my story off nicely. I'll let you know when I've written it and you can all pull it apart. lol

Didn't do badly for someone who can't talk much did I?

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/400627-I-Hate-That-Song