*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402339-My-Dear-Santa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #593232
This is my book of poetry that I hope to eventually publish with photos.
#402339 added October 11, 2018 at 6:13pm
Restrictions: None
My Dear Santa
I'm writing you, as you probably know,
For a certain gift, that wasn't on my list.
I know my list was long, and very hard to read,
But hear me out, Santa, this is all I want and need.
If you can bring me this, you don't have to use my list.
Here it is, Santa, listen carefully.
I'd like a real home, for my family and me,
This cardboard box doesn't keep in the heat.
The shelters on 24th and Vine,
Are always crowded and the food isn't that fine.
Please help us, Santa.

XOXOXO
Marlene S.


NOTE: (October 11, 2018) This poem was displayed as part of the Santa Fe Boys and Girls Club art exhibit for our art project Reality from the Barrio, which turned into a large event due to censorship and ultimately became a published book of photos and writings. When the show was in City Hall, where my mom worked, someone told her that they'd seen my poem and she went to read it. This was not at all what she was expecting. Needless to say, she had to make sure people knew that I was very much cared for...which I was.

© Copyright 2018 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402339-My-Dear-Santa