*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402856-Many-Happy-Returns
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#402856 added January 28, 2006 at 5:17pm
Restrictions: None
Many Happy Returns
Happy Birthday to You.
Happy Birthday to You.
Happy Birthday Dear Blog
Happy Birthday to you.


On this day last year I made my first blog entry. I remember it well. A cold Friday morning when I was in quite good spirits because my sister was coming over for a visit. I started it on a whim; not for one minute thinking I'd keep it up or anyone would read it. Of course, it contains references to smoking, drinking, bog cleaning and all the other deep meaningful subjects I generally cover. *Wink*

Today, my spirits are not so high as sis has just gone home after a pleasant stay. And as the date falls on a Saturday, there will be no mention of bog cleaning. (Thank God for small mercies) But I have to say although this year of blogging has not seen many serious changes in my daily life or habits I could never have foreseen what lay ahead in my year as a blogger. In all honesty, I think it has been the most positive highlight of the year.

I haven't made an entry every day but this will be my 286th, which isn't bad out of 365. I have had 24 FIVE star ratings, 6373 views, an awardicon and sigs designed by zwisis YES, I am PROUD. Proud of my own achievements, proud of the praise I've received, the support and comments and mostly proud of the friends I've made along the way.

I try to vary my topics and my approach to them, but I make no apologies for repeating every so often how much this blogging business has come to mean to me and what an important and pleasurable activity it has become to share the lives and thoughts of my valued readers.

I find it hard to believe how my obsession with lists of FIVE has affected others. (My first list of 5 appears in entry 4 of my blog so I obviously was doing it way before I mentioned it) How amazing it is that within this year we have seen the birth of B.A.N.G. and The Blogville News. What great fun it was to see my love of ducks create a full blown war! lol I have a whole new list of friends on MSN who I WUB chatting to and feel I know almost as well as the friends I share my days with.

Oh yes, this is one thing I can say has been a very worthwhile habit to add to my addictions and proof of the old saying, 'From little acorns mighty oaks do grow.'

Thank you, my precious friends and readers for making my first year of blogging such a wonderful and gratifying experience. I hope and pray we will all be around for a second birthday. But for now, grab a piece of Cybercake, a glass of Cyberwine and give yourselves great big Cyberhugs from me. Cheers, (clinking of cyberglasses) Here's to the start of another year of enjoyable blogging and God bless you all.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/402856-Many-Happy-Returns