*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403279-Black-and-White
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#403279 added April 25, 2014 at 5:43am
Restrictions: None
Black and White
First a big thank you to sultry for making my snowglobe. I chose the photograph of my sister and I because it's one of the few I have of us in St Louis. My sister has some memories of her childhood there but for me, there are only photographs to make me wonder what life would have been like for us on the other side of the pond.

One of the tasks my sis and I spend time on when she visits is sorting and making new albums of old family photographs. It's a very emotional occupation; trying to figure out who is related to who, laughing at old memories, feeling sad about all the relatives no longer with us and rather uncomfortable about how swiftly time has passed since the photos were taken. Here are a couple of my favourites. My family returning to England on the first Queen Elizabeth liner and my sister and I as children on holiday in Folkestone, England.

I love the old photos Nada has recently posted in her blog and agree with her and PlannerDan there's something very special about black and white photographs. I didn't have any studio photographs taken when younger but here's one I had taken a couple of years ago. I'm pleased black and white has come back into fashion.

Now shall I have that one on the back of my first novel or a more recent colour one? Something I don't have to worry about right now as the novel does not yet exist. lol

So that's filled a great big blog space without actually saying a deal (nothing new there then} but Nada said she liked pictures!







© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403279-Black-and-White