*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403629-Oh-What-a-Night
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#403629 added January 31, 2006 at 7:13pm
Restrictions: None
Oh What a Night
I managed to keep off the booze completely last night and it was no problem...until my head hit the pillow.

First I honed in on a continuous ringing sound in my right ear. I convinced myself I'd developed Tinnitus, a condition I've always dreaded. Crushing my ear against the pillow, covering it with a sock and stuffing it with cotton wool made no difference. After about thirty minutes it stopped.

Then I became aware of all the aches and pains in my neck and back and wondered if I'd contracted some muscular disease. No position felt comfortable, so I tossed and turned for another half an hour.

Next I felt too hot. Had I got a temperature or was it just one of those wimmin's things? I think I'll make an appointment at the doctors and register as a hypochondriac.

Eventually I dozed off but was rudely awoken by a brass band on the other half of the bed. Staggered into the spare bedroom.

In there I felt cold and shivery. Had I caught the flu or something even more sinister? Stumbled into the bathroom for a hot water bottle. Tossed and turned for another half an hour. After what seemed like five minutes, hubby woke me to say it was time to get up. THAT was the time I could quite easily have dropped back to sleep. Why is my body clock back to front?

Some friends have arrived for the evening. I shall partake of a little vino. It's true what they say about wine improving with age. The older I get the more I like it. *Wink*

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/403629-Oh-What-a-Night