*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404221
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1066192
A girl finds a secret doorway to her own Serenity and looks for someone to share it with!
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#404221 added February 2, 2006 at 5:42pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter Three
          It was dark outside the tree as it was in the depths of her serenity. An owl trapped in light brown feathers cooed to the night, a branch above the bark door. Dew had settled heavily on the grass surrounding everything in an endless sea.
          She looked to herself. She was back to her plain self. Nothing enchanting about her now. Not about her faded, worn-in blue jeans or her retro, button-up orange and blue shirt. Especially not her plain, limp, brown hair that reached to the bottom of her back but she always wore it up in a pony tail anyway.
          “I better get inside” repeating her thoughts aloud to the chirping crickets singing their lullaby to the world. She stood to listen for a moment before pushing past a couple of thick, overgrown bushes and a quite large, prickly needled pine tree. She fell into the backyard clearing of her house.
          There was nothing exciting about the pasty white house. Its paint intact but just to fake and full for her taste. She scurried past the screen door and into the kitchen.
          A pile of dishes laid askew over the counters along with pots encrusted with spaghetti sauce and another with mash potatoes. “Ugh” her nose wrinkled in annoyance. She would clean them tomorrow.
          It’s late. Her dad covered the couch in the living room watching some pointless sports team tackle another. A brother was to be discovered by the bathroom’s shower.
          She covered her ears and with frog-like jumps leapt up the stairs into the security of her room. Asleep, she landed on her bed.

© Copyright 2006 Ardilla Samsonite (UN: grnalien8 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ardilla Samsonite has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/404221