*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405378-Jay-The-Stray-Cat
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#405378 added February 8, 2006 at 1:32pm
Restrictions: None
Jay The Stray Cat
Jay was a stray cat that show up at my Grandmother Newland’s door. Actually it wasn’t the door at her house where he showed up, but rather the door of the mobile home she and Grandpa had at Lake Blackwell. It was a Saturday morning he showed up meowing and purring at the door to the silver mobile home. Jay was a beautiful and neutered Siamese male. He was definitely my Grandmother’s cat from the very first, although he would sit with my Grandfather in Grandpa’s while recliner, it was my Grandmother he expected to feed him.

Anyway he showed up at the door wearing a blue collar, purring and wanting something to eat, so my Grandmother fed him. Then she looked for his original owner; come to find out he belonged to a woman down the way. She had brought Jay to Lake Blackwell and left him there to fend for himself. He did fend for himself, he found someone to feed him. He stayed around all summer and we fed him, when fall came we wondered what would happen to him. Since his original owner did not want him, my Grandmother bought a cat carrier, when she opened the carrier Jay walked into it and lay down. My Grandmother closed the carrier and took him home.

My Grandmother had chickens, so when she brought Jay home the first thing he did was go the chicken house. Jay’s appearance made the chickens a bit nervous at first, because one of the neighbors’ cats always chased chickens and stole their eggs. However, Jay did not chase the chickens or steal their eggs, instead he curled up in one of the nest and went to sleep. Eventually the chickens got used to Jay and we never lost any more eggs after he arrived.

The neighbor across the street had a boarder collier named Pal, this collie would chase the neighborhood cats (especially the cats that stole the eggs from the chicks). In fact this dog was known to kill cats if he caught them. However, he never chased Jay or even tried to harm him. When it came to Jay, Pal was always nice and Pal and Jay would play together and even curl up together in the summer sun.
(2 Mulk 162 B.E.)



© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/405378-Jay-The-Stray-Cat