*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/406285-The-Last-Few-Days
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#406285 added February 12, 2006 at 3:29pm
Restrictions: None
The Last Few Days
         The last few days have been a major Fibro problem for both Kenzie and I, though hers worse than mine. Unfortunately, that's the way it usually is. I was diagnosed with it first (about 15-20 years ago before they really knew what it was - my doctor said it's like a muscle getting a cold. He was right, but that's only one way it expresses itself) but Kenzie's symptoms, most of the time, are noticeably worse than mine. These last few days will begin our chronicle.
         This past Thursday and Friday, my most consistent pain has been in my legs. Sometimes it felt like all the muscles in both legs, above and below the knee, were tightening up at the same time. Like a circular vice closing in on my legs. Each step would accent the pain in that leg. That made simple walking any reasonable distance very painful. But I had no choice since I had to work both of those days.
         And when that "squeezing" muscle pain took a break, my joints, usually my knees, would ache steadily. A number of deep knee bends would take that pain away, but only temporarily. Then it, too returned.
         Alongside this fight, Kenzie was fighting a major case of the chronic fatigue problem as well as miscellaneous pains. She slept most of Friday and Saturday, even apologizing to me (which I assured her was totally unnecessary). Because the weekend before, I was the one taking the afternoon nap.
         Sometimes when I'd step up to embrace her or put my arm around her, she'd jump because even her skin was hurting and any contact was painful. And in recent weeks, including these last few days, her stomach has been having spasms, which, it appears, means no matter how bland the food she eats, the stomach is going to rebel against it and hurt for hours, often making it hard to get to sleep.
         So. Today? Her energy level is obviously better, though not top notch, but the other pains are still bothering her. She hasn't said specifically where yet. And me? My legs are at it, but mildly so far. And I can't sit in one place for more than an hour or so without getting up and stretching my legs to break the cycle of that knee pain. But today is a lot better so far than Thursday and Friday were for either of us. We'll see what tonight and tomorrow brings.

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/406285-The-Last-Few-Days