*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407002-Reading-And-Answering
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#407002 added February 15, 2006 at 2:41pm
Restrictions: None
Reading And Answering
I’ve been reading answering post and e-mails today, I’m attempting to clear out my yahoo inbox. One of the members of a group has been posting some of his poems written in the past, some in the recent past and some in the distant. His post have brought to mind my Grandfather who like to drink coffee. My Grandfather Newland (the only one of my Grandfather’s that I’ve ever met) loved coffee. In fact I learned to drink coffee from my Grandfather Newland. Another interesting thing about my Grandfather was his yard, the in the front yard of my Grandfather’s house (we called him Grandpa) was a cottonwood tree. It was a very old cottonwood and some of its limbs were dead. The dead limbs still had a few dried and dead leaves hanging on it. The roots of the tree spread through the front yard, some of them visible above ground. Growing from the roots of that cottonwood tree were young versions of the tree. My Grandfather built a bench around the tree so we could set under the tree and read.

Anyway reading and answering these e-mails and group posts has brought a great deal more to mind then simply my Grandfather. I have a great deal of post tram to work though. I’ve been working through some of it and I’m now comfortable about discussing and writing about parts of my past especially my childhood. I still have a long way to go thought. However the answers to some of those post has revealed a great deal about me, about the way I look at life and about the way I look at art. In fact I just found out something I didn’t know about myself. I like surprise ending, I always wondered why I enjoy some stories better than others.

I think I need to write something about the way I review and what I like when I read and review a piece of writing. I know I look for different things when I read different genre and different types of writing. I think this would help me when I review an items, the way I’ve been reviewing is to read and say what I liked or didn’t like about the story or poem. I know with poems I look for things like whether or not the rhyme sounds forced, but what is forced rhyme; this is a question I’m going to have to answer. I know what forced rhyme sounds like when I read a poem out loud, actually I think that may be the only way to tell if the rhyme is forced, but I’m not sure about that.

I am setting here writing this, reading and answering e-mails and posts and listening to the T.V. (this is as close to multitasking as I get lately). Anyway the news comes on at noon and right now Judge Judy is on, (OK I like Judge Judy) and the comment one of the people made is that or at least what I heard was: “My car was arrested and I was impounded.” I think the defendant is a bit nervous, I would be two if I was airing my dirty laundry in front of 100,000 people. Anyway what is going on is one person is suing another person over a problem of some type that has to do with a car. And Judge Judy just called someone a liar. Now Judge Judy ask the woman’s mother (the one suing a guy about a car) “And the younger one is smarter.” Now Judge Judy says: “She’s got a vacant look between her ears.” Actually Judge Judy is much better listening to then looking at.
(9 Mulk 162 B.E.)

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/407002-Reading-And-Answering