*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408048-Day-Four---Take-away
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#408048 added February 20, 2006 at 12:04pm
Restrictions: None
Day Four - Take away
The conference ended Sunday at 10:30am, but my plane wasn't due to leave until 5:00pm. So I stuck around the motel until 2:30. I purchased a book from the bookstore, choosing one I normally wouldn't buy to start my walk outside my comfort zone. I then went to the lounge everyone had been bragging about saying it's the perfect place to sit and relax.

I was not disappointed. I'd try to describe it, but the ability to describe well escapes me at the moment. I will say the next time I need quality brain time, that's the place I'd like to spend it in.

I read about three pages of my book, and either the silence or the warm feeling in the room made my mind kick into gear with a story idea. I dropped my book and wrote my ideas down in a notebook. It started out as a male character, but after only a few paragraphs realized no man would think this way. So I changed it to a woman, which then led me to a different character, male.

So I did come up with something new after all, and much quicker than I expected.

I've gained a lot from this conference, but it all can be boiled down to one simple statement. I wish I could claim to have come up with it myself, but alas, I'm not that deep. I did write it down the moment I heard it and kept it with me all throughout the conference. I also plan to print out a card and either continue to keep it with me or tape it onto my computer screen as a continual reminder to never lose faith in myself and my abilities. God never does, so why should I?

"Only you can do you, and if you don't, creation is incomplete." -- C. McNair Wilson.

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408048-Day-Four---Take-away