*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408185-A-Suspicion-Confirmed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1030039
This will show our fight with Fibromyalgia, so others can learn that it's real.
#408185 added February 20, 2006 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
A Suspicion Confirmed
         Kenzie and I had discussed the idea, many times, that cold air was compounding our symptoms. She was already convinced of that, and I'd had my suspicions, with cold, and sometimes damp air seeming to set off pain in my knees that seems similar to arthritis. Today brought the moment that convinced me she's been right all along.
         I had a meeting to attend at work at 10:30 this morning. But it wasn't in my building, it was in the North Tower of our main complex next door. To help myself get some reasonably consistent exercise, I always walk between the buildings, not taking the shuttle bus provided by the company. Yes, the two buildings involved here are far enough apart that a bus is practical. Walking TO the meeting didn't create any problems. But adding the return trip half an hour later took something in my system over the edge.
         I got back to my desk about 15 minutes before lunch hour began at 11:30. I think that second cold walk, then sitting stationary as I ate lunch combined to set off the Fibromyalgia. By the time I returned to my desk, not only did my legs hurt (they had been off and on this morning already), but now my shoulders and back were hurting with a wide variety of movements.
         My back eventually calmed down, but my arms only calmed down a little, and are even hurting a bit as I type this. Hopefully my relaxer will kick in shortly and I can get a sound sleep. THAT part of things has been working quite well for me and I made a point of making sure my doctor knows how well it works.
         I'm off to bed. We'll see if things stick to the pattern and let me sleep. G'night, all.

© Copyright 2006 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408185-A-Suspicion-Confirmed