*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408403-Armless
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#408403 added February 22, 2006 at 5:53am
Restrictions: None
Armless
Have you ever appreciated having two arms? I know how brave and accepting zwisis is about her artificial leg and must admit my admiration for her knows no bounds.

But I'm used to doing things with both arms and since my fall on Sunday have been made to realise how difficult life is when we are restricted in movement. I don't know what I've done and I don't really care for seeing a doctor, but the past couple of days haven't been as productive as I'd hoped due to only being able to use one arm. Thank goodness it's my right one. Things like lifting, hair brushing, excercising and basic housework have been virtually impossible. Still, it's a little better today so I'll leave it to mend naturally. Thanks to all who showed concern but I think I'll live...for the moment.

I was up early this morning with PLANS. Two hours later I've just about managed to catch up on blogs as I had little time yesterday to spare. I'm not complaining of course. *Wink* Neither will I whine about the actions of Murphy and Sod who seem to have joined me for breakfast.

*Bullet* Today was supposed to be a peaceful day at home for me. The weather has turned foul and hubby has been forced to abandon golf so my peace is shattered.

*Bullet* Last night I returned to my writing class. I was welcomed warmly and it was good to see everyone but the organisation has not improved and I sadly found no inspiration.

*Bullet* My sister is supposed to be coming over tomorrow for a couple of days. She's started with an horrendous cold and now there's a question mark over her visit.

*Bullet* My duck hammock has collapsed. *Shock* I dread to think what the dudes were up to in the night but this morning they are scattered all over the spare bedroom. Rearranging them back in the hammock will be a very time consuming work of art.

*Bullet* My exercise routine is severely limited due to only having one useable arm. I can however still continue with my long walks. But guess what? It's trying to snow. But I shall brave the elements and if I don't make another entry you'll know I've fallen and wrecked my right arm too.



© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408403-Armless