*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408810-Rotten-Eggs
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#408810 added February 24, 2006 at 5:39am
Restrictions: None
Rotten Eggs
The diet I am following has weekly menus to choose from with plenty of variety, so it suits me as I get easily bored.

The breakfasts consist of far more than I'd normally eat, but it's logical that a good breakfast kick starts the metabolism and helps with weight loss so I'm trying to stick with it.

This morning was the dreaded 'boiled egg' breakfast. When people say 'She/He can't even boil an egg,' I'm afraid I can't see why it's a reference to someone who can't cook. I can manage elaborate meals, bake cakes and bread, succeed with new and exotic menus but boil an egg? NO WAY!

I've tried oven timers, electronic timers, old-fashioned sand timers, even guesswork but NEVER do I get the perfect boiled egg. Last week's was too runny, with the white still clear liquid in parts. Today's was too hard, the yolk dry and the white resembling rubber. Even if I boil them for exactly the same time each egg turns out differently and none properly. I never did like eggs much anyway.

It's also not true what the adverts say about Marmite - 'You love it or hate it.' I had Marmite on my toast this morning and after 55 years I still can't make up my mind if I like it or not. Next week I think I'll substitute the egg breakfast for beans - they behave themselves.

So now it's time to burn off the hard egg and marmite toast. A long walk? Three inches of snow on the ground. The exercise DVD? I think I must have lay on my bad arm too much in the night and it's painful again and asking to be rested. I don't suppose bog cleaning can be classed as rigorous exercise? Maybe I'll just run up and down stairs for an hour.

What a load of twaddle. Sometimes my life is just SO exciting I struggle to decide which aspect to write about. So, I'm afraid all you're getting today is a load of rotten eggs.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408810-Rotten-Eggs