*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408683-Gratitude
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#408683 added February 23, 2006 at 1:57pm
Restrictions: None
Gratitude
This is Thursday and the prompt in one of my Yahoo journaling groups is gratitude’s. The prompt is to write five things that one is grateful or thankful for today. Gratitude is something that we would all like, but do not expect from other people. Gratitude is a spiritual quality, an ability of the spirit or soul, that we must practice, or it atrophies. It dries up, it does depart because it is a spiritual attribute and is always with us in one form or another, but if we do not practice it, we forget to look blessings in our daily life.

One may wonder what there is to be grateful for in the present condition of the world. The world is dark and there is a lot of reason to despair, but there are also a lot of reason to be thankful. We simply need to open our eyes and look around us; if it is too dark to see what we have to be thankful for then get a flashlight or light a candle. Humans, in most cases, are not equipped to see in the dark very well. Therefore when the darkness surrounds us and we despair we need to switch on a flashing because there is always something for which to be grateful.

So now I am going to switch on my flashlight and find five things for which to be thankful. First, my cat Troubles which is sitting in the living room window right now. I am thankful for Troubles because she got me up this morning. She would not let me sleep, after the alarm went off she came into my bed room and stated pestering me, she kept it up until I got out of bed. Second, her brother, Spot, who would not let me get out of bed last night. When I went to bed I did not fall asleep right away so I thought I had insomnia. Normally I would get up and get online, however last night Spot decided to lay on top of me and on top of the covers. He would not move, so I was stuck in the bed and I do feel a lot more rested then if I had gotten up and online. Third, the medical study I am participating in, because I get free medication for the next seven or eight months. Fourth, the day of my conception, because if it had not been for that day, I would not have been born into the material world and experienced everything I have experienced. Fifth, winter because if winter did not occur then I would not appreciated the blessings of spring and the warmth of summer.
(17 Mulk 162 B.E.)


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/408683-Gratitude