*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410333-Chapter-3
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
#410333 added March 3, 2006 at 4:46am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 3

Chapter 3

“Is he awake?” asked a voice, tensely.
“No, he shouldn’t wake anytime soon.” Replied a second voice.
“Good. He’d be too unstable. How will he find out?”
“Father. He will be here soon.” Answered the second voice again.
“Do you think it’s time?”
There was a pause.
“It does not matter what I think. We must act quickly if we are to survive. Only he can save us.”
“You always were very mystic.”
“‘Tis my nature, Laius.”
“Veritas omnia vincit.” Whispered the voice.

“Boy, come here.” Commanded the man, while walking through the densely populated wood.
“Today, you will learn the art of self defense.” He continued. “You will learn not only physical defense but also mental defense-” suddenly the man stopped and looked up to the stars.
“It seems that I do not have much time.” He whispered.
“Follow me.” Said the man, stopping in the middle of a clearing.
“I was going to teach you this slowly over a period of time, but time of late has become more precious than what I could have foreseen. So, I will bestow upon you the powers that you will need in your future but they will lie dormant, hidden until the time is right for them to be released.” He took a breath. And, with that, the whole wood shook. The wind became electric and his power was shown to me in all its glory.

“I give to you the power to defend what needs your defense.
From the weak, the fragile and to the strong and the large.
You will defend.

I give you the power to teach what needs to be taught.
From the strange, the unknown and to the learned and the wise.
You will teach.

I give you the power to understand what needs to be understood.
From the dead, the foreign and to the mortal and the present.
You will understand.

And finally I give you the power of the god’s.
To be our equal on this planet earth.
You will survive.”

A brilliant bright light flashed from his hands, which were held high above the young boy’s head. It washed down into the boy and covered him with pure brightness.
“These skills” whispered the man. “Will reappear, when the ancient language is heard once more.”

“EGO MEMORARI!” I screamed. While watching the white room fall into my eyes.
“EGO MEMORARI! EGO MEMORARI! EGO MEMORARI!" I repeated. Over and over and over again. Until, I heard a voice shout with such anger and vehemence.
“UNICTO SILENTIUM NERICORDO!”
The darkness came once more.
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410333-Chapter-3