*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410336
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
#410336 added March 3, 2006 at 4:47am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 6
Chapter 6

It's been three week's now since the meeting in the office, and no word had I heard from home. It was strange really; I would spend hours at night thinking how they managed to make everyone I know forget about me, I mean, it's not like I'm a loner or anything.
"Lorian you are not concentrating." Shouted the steward. "Try again and this time try not to burn any thing else this time." He finished.
I've been trying to light a fire for the past few days, it's damn hard. But at least I can make anything move now, thanks to The Steward teaching me how. It's really strange doing these things, it's like you don't just do it you have to actually make the magic. In this instance you have to make yourself feel hot, not physically, I mean like make your mind hot. I can't really explain it but its brilliant when you get a new spell right.
"Inflamo Ignis!" I roared.
The stack of wood that I was practising with, turned bright blood red, and then turned to ash. Well, at least I didn’t set fire to the stewards dress,-err, I mean, cloak, I forgot that he could read my mind.
Suddenly The Steward looked up at the sky, it was getting pretty dark.
"What's wrong?" I asked, after seeing the look of concern on The Stewards face.
"FOLLOW ME." Shouted The Steward. Out of nowhere flashes of red light were hurled straight at us. We ran faster and further into the trees, after a few minutes we stopped as the attacker's had given up the pursuit.
"Lorian, come here!" Whispered The Steward.
I walked over to him and crouched next to him. He was lying back against a rock. His face was covered in perspiration and he was breathing very heavily.
"Here. Grab my hand!" He said.
He took my hand and held it tight.
"Statim Evanesco Vade Mecum." He whispered.
The area around me started to shake, the trees started to disappear and fade. And was replaced by an old Seventeenth century office.

"WHAT'S HAPPENED?" Shouted The Steward, to the blank wall on his right.
"It's Laius, sir. You better come quickly. He's in medical room three." Replied the wall, strangely.
I followed The Steward through the maze of corridors and rooms. I couldn't believe how anyone could remember all the passageways of this place it was enormous.
We stopped a moment later, outside an old statue of a man, wearing a crown.
The Steward then seemed to do the strangest thing. He bowed to the statue. A moment later the statue returned the bow and said-
"You should hurry. He's in a bad way." He looked at me. "You may want to take him. He may be useful." And with that she split into two halves and allowed us to pass into the room within.

The room was crowded with people, many were wearing green robes. The room looked like a futuristic spacecraft, with pure white walls and white tables. Again this would have seemed perfectly ordinary (well maybe a little strange) had it not been for the fact that all the beds were floating aimlessly around and that all the remedies, antidotes and equipment were being used but with no one administering them. In one corner there was a man being injected in leg but with no one on the other side. In the middle of the room there was a small group of people, who looked as though they'd just arrived. The Steward spoke to the first one he saw.
"What has happened to him, Domovoy?" He asked, commandingly.
"My lord, He was attacked." Replied the man.
"Move out of my way." He shouted.
At once everyone moved away. I don't think it was of fright, I think they just knew that if the man had any chance of survival, then The Steward would be the one to save him.
I the middle of the group was a man lying on one of the floating beds, his chest was covered in blood.
"Father you have come at last, I wasn't sure if you got my message." The man said quietly.
"I got you message Laius and you are not going to die." Replied The Steward.
The Steward placed his hands on top of the man's forehead and closed his eyes.
The power that was felt in the room was startling what was strange was that everyone around The Steward seemed to flinch or jump backwards. I didn't. The Steward and the man, Laius, held together. The Steward was really fighting, something. His face contorted in pain. And his hands began to shake. I don't know what made me do it. I just did. I walked forward and placed my hands on The Steward's shoulder, and tried to push all the power in me towards the steward, and from him into the man. I closed my eyes in concentration. A moment later my hands were removed from The Steward's shoulder. I opened my eyes.
"Thank you, Lorian." Said The Steward. "For saving my son." He finished, looking at the man on the floor, with a white shirt now soaked in red blood, but with no injury in sight. The man stood up.
"I am in your debt." Spoke the man quietly. "If ever there is anything I can do, you only have to ask. I am in your service."
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410336