*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410339
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
#410339 added March 3, 2006 at 4:49am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 9
Chapter 9

"Follow me please, Lorian." Said The Steward. We continued walking, although I was grateful for the light. After a few moments The Steward stopped.
"Please stop here for the time being." Said The Steward, turning around. "Until you are called forward." He finished, pointing to the white set of double doors. The Steward started to walk towards the doors, just before he went through them he turned round and looked at me and said.
"Good luck Lorian." He walked through the doors.
I sat down in the seat provided; I'd eventually got used to seeing and sitting in chairs with no legs. I sat there happily for some time; I bet some of you are thinking that I'm dead scared, well I'm not, well not much anyway. I mean I am the chosen one. Aren't I?
I waited there for another ten minutes until I heard a voice shout-
"Lorian Velar. Please come forward."
At that moment the set of double doors seemed to grow bright, until the light coming from them was blinding.
I walked forward and opened the doors.

"Welcome Lorian, let me introduce you to The Council." Said The Steward, with a knowing smile on his face. He waved his arm around the table. The table consisted of twelve seats in a semi-circle.
"Could each member of the council please stand and introduce themselves." Spoke The Steward. The atmosphere in the room changed instantly, one minute it was warm and welcoming next it was as cold as ice. I got the impression that The Steward had just asked something that had never been done before. After a moment the first man on the left arose from his chair.
"I am Domovoy, Head of the guard, protector of The Council. I welcome you, Lorian, to The Council." He bowed and sat down. The man to his left than rose from his chair and said-
"I am Daedalus Lorian. Head of magical Research. I welcome you to The council." He sat down.
"I am Hermes." Said the next man, who seemed to be wearing a postman's uniform. "And I am the protector of the Source." He nodded and sat down.
"What's The Source?" I whispered to The Steward at my side. I turned to find there nothing but air.
The next Man stood; he stood preposterously tall, at least nine feet.
"I, Bel Head of Administration, welcome you Lorian. To The Council." He sat down, without smiling and stared coldly at me. In the next seat a woman stood up gracefully.
"I am Demeter. Head of healing. I welcome thee." She sat down and stared down at me even more coldly than Bel.
"I am Athena, Stewardess of The Council." Said the next woman, warmly. "And I graciously welcome you-" She looked at the other Council members while saying this. "-to The Council." She smiled and sat down. The next man that stood up I did recognize.
"I am Odin, The Steward of The Council. I welcome you Lorian to The Council, Although I no doubt already have." There was a smattering of laughter following this remark and he sat down.
"I am Hector, Head strategist of The Council. I welcome you." He bows and sits down.
"I am Cronus, Head Agent." Said a small middle-aged man. "I welcome you Lorian to The Council." He sat down. The next person stood up.
"I am Frejya, Head Protector. I welcome you Lorian."
Just then a cold feeling passed by my neck, as I saw who was sitting in the last chair.
"MILLER!" I shout, dumbfounded.
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410339