*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410340
by locke
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1077588
This is the first part of my nine part thrilogy. PLEASE RATE!
#410340 added March 3, 2006 at 4:50am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 10
Chapter 10

He didn't even acknowledge me. Didn't even look at me. Didn't even, for that matter stand up. He looked at nothing but air to his right and said.
"I am Erebus. I welcome you to The Council." He said this in the most unwelcoming voice I had ever heard.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I bawled at him.
"Calm yourself, Lorian." Replied The Steward, warningly.
"CALM! WHAT D'YA MEAN? CALM YOURSELF! I'VE JUST FOUND OUT HE'S HERE." I shout pointing at Carrot head.
"Calm yourself Lorian. Or you will be escorted from this meeting." Said The Steward again, this time in a much more dangerous voice. It took me a moment to calm myself, as I was trying to calm myself a word popped into my head, and I knew exactly what to do with it.
"Placidus." I whispered to myself. At once my entire body and mind were at rest.
"We are here today to discuss our following actions towards The Society and to provide help to the chosen one, Lorian." Continued The Steward.
"How do we know he's the chosen one?" Asked Bel.
"You will have to take my word on that." Replied The Steward.
"Maybe your word is not enough. Where is the proof?" Demeter asked also.
"There is no proof and there will never be any when you call. There will only be proof when Lorian decides to show it." The Steward said the last bit while looking in my direction. At this point the calmness that had covered me for the time being, shattered. What the hell? you don't think I'm the chosen one? I'm not havin' that. And with that I showed my power for all that can be.
"I AM THE CHOSEN ONE!" I thundered, while power swept all around me and I took off into mid-air. "YOU SHOULD BELIEVE ME. IF IT IS YOUR WISH TO CONTINUE YOUR LIFE AS IT HAS LASTED." I paused. "Who does not believe me?" I asked The Council. There was silence for a couple of moments then-
"I don't believe." Spoke Bel, standing up. I paused for a moment.
"Then I challenge you, Bel, Head of Administration, to a duel. Do you Accept?" I replied.
He looked around at the table for a moment then looked me straight in my eyes.
"I gladly accept." He answered, bowing. It was then that I realised how tall he actually was. No matter, I thought to myself. I'm still the Chosen One. I launched myself into the air and shouted with all my might and fury.
"VADE MECUM TEMPUS!" The whole room started to spin, until the room vanished entirely, and everyone entered the most unlikely place and time they thought they would find themselves in this world.

The whole place was gigantic. The roar of the fifty thousand voices deafened us all. The place was Bigger than anything that The Council had seen. I turned to face the astonished group.
"WELCOME TO THE ROMAN COLOSSEUM." I paused. "As I have chosen the place," I spoke to Bel. "You may choose the weapon, if any." I said in an undertone. The Seward walked up to me and looked at me hopelessly.
"Lorian, how?" He asks, astonished. "How did you do this?"
"How did I do it? I remembered Odin that's all you need to know." I finished walking away from him into position.
"We shall use our powers, chosen one." Replied Bel, bowing. "Who will be your second?" He asked.
I looked at the crowd, deciding who will have to heal me if I become ill. The natural person would be Demeter being the Head of Healing. But with such a cold heart towards me I don't think she'll help me.
"I choose Athena, Stewardess of The Council." I replied, strongly.
"I choose Demeter, Head of Healing." Answered Bel, a moment later.
"Who shall be the adjudicator?" I asked the crowd.
"I will." Replied, Mr. Miller, AKA Erebus.
"Get into your positions." He told the pair of us. The rest of The Council moved back from the fighting zone.
A moment of silence past.
"BEGIN!" Shouted Erebus.
The battle commenced.
© Copyright 2006 locke (UN: g0163 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
locke has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/410340